“Almost Home!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Houma
Crochet House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 8 Houma B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My son and I stayed with the Crochets at the end of June and loved it, loved it, loved it. They are a warm and extremely hospitable couple who know how to make their guests feel welcome. The full breakfasts were huge (fruit bowl, homemade beignets, toads in a whole (egg in toast), bacon, milk, orange juice, and strong French-roast coffee with cream - plus there is real maple syrup on the table - and all of it was delicious! And, each day we were served something different. They also take the time to sit down and chat with their guests. They are genuinely warm hosts. They're very flexible when it comes to breakfast time and check with you each day to make sure your stay is up to your expectations. Our room was an efficiency and was clean and comfortable. Oh, that bed..... I miss it! They also provide little unexpected extras like bottled water and soda waiting in your fridge as well as candy for your sweet tooth. I miss the Crochets and will surely stay with them when I go to Cajun Country again. They really were the best part of our trip!

1  Thank FloridaGal2005

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Sally and Leland are actually my brother's neighbors and we had no idea it was a B&B until we were looking for a place to stay the weekend after we got married. They were very sweet and accommodating, especially since it was very last minute. My only complaint was that we didn't stay longer.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed 5 days/4 nights with Leland and Sally. They were wonderful and treated us like family! Each morning we had an awesome breakfast and by the third day, Mr Leland knew what we liked and made sure to have our favorite things on the table! He was also a great guide in helping us find things to do as was Ms. Sally.
Our room was very clean and nice and their yard is pretty and our daughter loved the pool! Each evening a pair of Whistling Tree Ducks would come to roost in a tree by the pool. We looked for them each evening and I even got a picture of one of them!
I feel that we made life long friends and will be going back to visit again! Visit the Crochet House Bed and Breakfast for a great experience! Leland and Sally will make your stay most wonderful! The Helms Family, Mississippi

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Our stay with Leland and Sally was by far the best we've had on the road! We were treated just as if we were part of their family. A wonderful breakfast which was so tasty, topped with personal attention that you just don't find much anymore these days, live Cajun music during breakfast-where else can you get that??? Leland was also very helpful with our planning of activities in the area. The rooms are quite cozy and stocked with anything you may need. If there's something extra you need they will get it to you. There is also a beautiful yard and pool right there. Next time I am in Houma I will definitely return to The Crochet House. The price can not be beat either, once we got there I thought I must have misunderstood on the phone.....but nope that was the rate- very low for what you get!!

Room Tip: All rooms are quaint and quiet.
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Mr Leland and Mrs Sally treated us like family. They were so friendly and welcomed us with open arms. I felt like I was kinfolk coming in for a visit. Mr Leland cooked us up a most delicious breakfast and we talked just like ole buddies. Our room was so spacious and had most all the accomodations of home. The price was so much cheaper than a hotel. We felt like we could stay much longer. The garden was so peaceful and inviting. Overall I would definitely recommend this B&B to anyone and my husband and I will definitely be coming back for another few days of some R&R.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stayed for two nights and loved every minute of it. Simply wonderful hosts who went out of their way to make our stay impeccable - from great food, to live cajun music during breakfast, to insider tips to Houma and the surrounding areas - all in all, it couldn't have gotten much better. Thanks for the great memories Leland and Sally!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Mrs. Sally and Mr. Leland are some of the most welcoming people I have ever stayed with. They make you feel like a part of the family when you are with them, and I always found myself staying longer at the breakfast table than I had planned just to keep talking with them. The little extras they leave in the rooms are also really special and homey.

The part will make you desperate to go back is the incredible breakfasts they provide. I still get cravings for their sweet potato pancakes--don't knock it until you taste them, they are heavenly--and they never insisted that breakfast was only served if you were up early (on several mornings they saved a plate for me when I slept in, and they never made me feel like I was inconveniencing them.) Everything morning, the food was amazing and varied, so you shouldn't have trouble finding something you'll love.

Definitely give this lovely little corner of Houma hospitality a shot. You won't regret it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo