“CLEAN , but could be better .”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Houma
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Houma
Louisiana
“CLEAN , but could be better .”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Ive stayed here a number of times. The last time was May 2014. The room was VERY clean. The beds are comfy and customer service could be a lil more helpful. I brought to the attention of the front desk associate our handles on the dresser draws were put outside in. He told me thats how they were shipped. At that point with the extremely high rate i thought the would issue a discount but didn't. I really enjoy my stay here when i do stay but i think i look forward to checking how the stay is at other hotels in the Houma Area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Sean S, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Houma, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you very much for completing the review. We depend heavily on guest opinions in order to continuously improve. We look forward to hopefully having you stay with us again in the future.

I want to assure you that we will address any issues you had.

Todd Carvell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I was more than a little dismayed when I tried to book a room at the La Quinta. The lady I dealt with, Katie I think she said her name was made me feel very insecure about my request for a ground floor room due to mobility problems. She was quite adamant that it would depend on availability. I was calling to book the room and willing to pay for it with a no refund agreement a week in advance but that didn't help. I don't know how many empty rooms they had... but the hotel was pretty quiet. Oh well. Finally I gave up. The advertised price was really good and we had stayed at La Quinta in Branson and really liked it. I decided to request a ground floor room and hope it would be available and booked the room online. There was no place to request a ground floor room online nor to include the information that we had a dog. My husband called and made the request and told them we had a dog and we went and just hoped it would work out. So we were pleasantly surprised that we did get a ground floor room. There was a terrible stench outside, so bad it was comparable to a paper mill's stench, Sunday evening when we arrived. The smell wasn't so bad Monday morning. I saw very few people so I didn't ask what it was. The smell didn't seem to be inside the hotel or our room for which I'm grateful. The room was pleasant and a nice size. The breakfast wasn't as good... not even near as good as La Quinta in Branson. Give me a bagel, a bit of cream cheese and some coffee and I'm good so it was good enough.
The price was better than I expected. $76 and some odd cents... That's good any more. I would stay again. I just hope I don't have to talk to Katie. Ah well, decent room, reasonable price, okay breakfast. I'd say a C+

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Elissa S

We would like to always guarantee room location but we want to make sure that if we guarantee something we will provide it no matter what the circumstance. We do however do our very best to always accommodate every request the best that we can. I have done some retraining with the front desk staff to better ensure that our guests are comfortable when being dealt with on the phone.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff. Willing to ensure your stay is pleasant. Under renovations but still kept clean and organized. Good location with and awesome hibachi next door I go there every time I stay. Try it you'll love it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Geismar, Louisiana
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I realize updates are necessary and can deal with it but for the 3 weeks (lower prices) I spent, the lobby and dining area never seemed to change from the dismal and dark place it was.

Bedding was being changed while I was there and it's a plus. As for the staff, Vang was the bright spot there.

Internet was horribly slow and pictures in my email would sometimes not even show.

I suppose with lower prices, you can expect the clientele to be a little weird but one afternoon when I arrived, I found a half dozen police cars there surrounding and seaching through a sedan under the porte-cochere. The next morning was enough for me when I found a black Lexus parked in the same spot with what appeared to be a 9mm bullet hole in one of the doors.

Passed time to move.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

I want to assure you that it is very rare that we get clientele that cause problems but when we do as in the time that you were here, we have them removed immediately. We have also completed the guest room portion of our renovations and are now moving to public spaces. Once complete I am confident that you will find the lobby and hallways to be a bright vibrant environment.

I hope that you will visit us again and enjoy the changes we are making.

Lamar, Arkansas
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Apparently due to the hotel renovation, there are construction trailers & dumpsters parked in the already small parking lot. When I arrived, there were cars parked everywhere, along side the curb, beside the trailers. When I asked where I should park, I was told to illegally park in the handicap spots. (Don't do that even if they were available, which they were not) I had to park on top of the curb in the shrubbery, hoping my new truck would not get struck by a passing vehicle. I like Laquinta otherwise, but will not still at this Houma location until the renovation is complete.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

I want you to know that our renovation is almost complete. We have removed the storage trailer and placed the construction dumpster away from parking, I am very sorry about the issues with no parking at that time but wanted to let you know that we have cleared that up and I have taken care of the employee who suggested the handicap spot.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

this was by far the worst laquinta experience i have ever encountered. the place was a wreck, room dirty, hardly any towels, ac broke, tv broke, front desk doesnt answer the phone..horrible

laquinta will be notified

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

3 Thank Tig F

I am very sorry to hear that your stay went so bad. I would really like to speak with you about what happened, so that I might be able to do something to accommodate you for the experience as well as find out which employees caused the problems.

985-879-1646
Crosby, Texas
Reviewed April 1, 2014

The hotel is in the process of a remodel. The rooms were very nice with comfortable beds. They have a variety for breakfast, which was average, but the coffee is excellent. La Quinta is one of the few hotels that are dog friendly and without having to pay an extra fee. This is a major plus for us, since we like to travel with our toy Yorkie. Although I travel with my own doggie waste bags, the hotel provides waste bags and a disposal container in the side yard. I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business