“Rushed Business Trip”
Review of Holiday Inn Houma

Holiday Inn Houma
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Houma
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Great hotel in a nice area of Houma. A good choice of restaurants and shopping in the area. 2 free drinks for Platinum Members plus a good restaurant in house. Beats the "Continental" breakfast choices at other places and still a decent price.

Room Tip: They are all good.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnHouma, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houma, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We take the feedback very serious and try and upgrade, change or add from these reviews to ensure a better stay each time. Thank you again!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Houma

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Great room. People were very friendly and helpful. Got in late and people ar front desk were prompt and eager to help. At check out time I received the same kind of service. I was glad I chose Holiday Inn and will recemond this to other employees of my company.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Nice hotel with very friendly and attentive staff. Room was nice and bright and spotlessly clean. Nice to stay in a hotel that doesn't rip you off if you want to eat in it, great burgers for around $9 and other dishes at around the same price. Two free beers when you arrive and they were doing 2 for 1 during the football matches. Only downside to the bar was that they had run out of a lot of the beers they usualy stocked so there were some disgruntled punters.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back as they are furthest away from the road.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Morgan M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Houma, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2014

Hello,
Thank you for the kind review about your recent visit at holiday inn. I'm so happy that your stay was comfortable and perfect for you. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I have stayed here many times on business and organized meetings here as well. Rooms are clean, comfy and more importantly have ceiling fans. All the guys I travel with love that feature! Good quality nights slep.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed August 24, 2012

The best part of this hotel is the people. They are very friendly and personable. They are more than happy to accomidate any request. The restaurant "La Pirogue" rivals any restaurant in the area. The food is delicious with a wide variety. They offer large portions for a decent price. They also offer great drink prices as well a complimentary drinks for rewards members. The rooms are clean, comfertable, and welcoming.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Megan W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Houma, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We take great pride in positive guest experience, so you feedback is appreciated. We hope you return to the Holiday Inn the next time you are in the area.

Kind Regards,
Megan W
Front Office Manager

Reviewed August 10, 2012

First impressions go along way, I was met at desk by the hotel manager, who offered me an iced beverage when I checked in, (I took a cold beer). I was also told I would have two complimentary drinks, as a Priority Club member, in the restaurant. While I expressed my doubts about eating at the hotels own restuarant, this same manager said "try the barbecued shrimp, if you don't love it, I'm buying". At that, I agreed to try eating on premises, and was I glad I did. The New Orleans style barbecued shrimp is not to be missed, not at all what it sounds like. I followed that up with main course of pasta, N.O. style with crawfish an savory sausage in the alfredo type sauce. But, I digress, the room was immaculate, as were the grounds. The pool had "cabanas" with lounge chairs underneath, closer to resort in appearance than a hotel, and there were sitting areas on every floor to meet your friends on the way down. The mattress was the biggest treat, not sure where they get them, but this was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. I asked at desk in morning where I could get one, they said they hear that a lot. Breakfast in morning was every bit as good, had the buffett, and it just didn't taste like a buffett. These people go out of their way to do it right, and I wish every hotel manager at every hotel I frequented would spend just one night at this Holiday Inn!

Room Tip: Don't forget to try their restaurant!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I had the pleasure of spending 4 days there in July. The hotel rooms are very clean and spacious. Flat screen TV's and a ceiling fan. The restaurant food was excellent. Everyone was friendly and helpful. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnHouma, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houma, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you for your feed back and for staying with us. We take great pride in our hotel and live for being a hotel guest love. please come back and see us again soon!