“Not really our cup of tea”

Bayou Delight Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 200 Restaurants in Houma
Bergen, Norway
“Not really our cup of tea”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

The review is based on my taste, so others might disagree, but this place which seemed to cater most for locals, wasn't really living up to our expectations. As this was our first dinner in Louisiana, we went for the seafood platter. However everything was overfried and dry, so you couldn't seperate one object from another. I'm sure this is ok for someone, but not for us.

Also we heard that there would be live music, but for some reason this was cancelled this day, I guess because of Easter.

Visited March 2013

Catonsville, Maryland
“Fresh catch & huge portions”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very good service, reasonable prices, large portions. Had to wait a bit for the fried chicken, but it was hot when it came out.

Visited March 2013
Thibodaux, Louisiana
“Family style casual”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This restaurant caters to the family with a broad range of menu items, cajun atmosphere with light music Friday-Saturdays.
Looking for Gumbo to sauce piquant its here. good for an outing with a group or just a family outing. walk in or call for reservation if you are doing a group thing. A good place for a Sunday lunch also. Crab cakes last night they were good along with stuffed potato. white beans and catfish also a delight. we enjoyed the outing we had 14 people and all were satisfied with different menu items.

• Visited February 2013
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Cajun Food”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Gumbo - good but not as good as at Dave's Cajun Kitchen. Fried fish platter excellent although too much would be heart attack generating. Staff very helpful. This is the place to catch the Swamp Tour which starts at approx. 1pm and well worth the trip..

Visited October 2012
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

After reading a review about the stuffed crab I decided to go check the Bayou Delight Restaurant out. Its a very no descript building on the bayou and the interior was warm with countless pictures of famous alligator people . The stuffed crab was oily and the cook micro waved I didn't see much in the way of peppers, onions or celery which I would consider almost in any cajun dish. The crab was stuck to the interior edges of the shell and dried out. I would have expected more considering it was practically the most expensive item on the menu, about $19.00. The bread pudding was hot and did taste nice and served with a bubbling hot sauce also compliments of the microwave. Not that I am anti microwave it was fine with the already moist bread pudding but it ruined the crab. I am sure they do well, its cozy but Emeril Lagasse isn't in the kitchen.

• Visited October 2012

Been to Bayou Delight Restaurant? Share your experiences!