“No different than other sushi options”

Ichiban Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #65 of 204 Restaurants in Houma
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Most of the Sushi places in Houma are kind of blend in together. This one is no better and is probably worse than the others. Some of my friends love the place, but to me it is the same food at a slightly higher cost and wait.

Our party waited over an hour one time, which is long for sushi in Houma. I would have been just as happy going two doors down for the same food and a similar price. But it wasn't bad. We had hibachi until the wee hours of the night.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Ichiban's food was good but, very expensive! Be prepared to pay a lot unless you go at lunch time and order a lunch special. The lunch prices looked much more reasonable and the portion sizes are good at lunch, huge at dinner! I do not eat sushi so, I cannot comment on that.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I tried the sushi at every place in town when we first moved to Houma. Ichiban was the last one i tried and I had basically given up on finding anything comparable to the sushi I was used to getting on the west coast. Suprisingly Ichiban pulled through! Their sushi menu has quite a bit of "modern" interpretations, but also has some more traditional rolls as well. Their prices are not outrageous and the sushi comes out fast, clean and well rolled. Their regular menu is somewhat limited and bento boxes are not available for dinner, which is disappointing, but we mostly go for the sushi anyways. After twenty years of eating sushi I can say that Ichiban, although not the best I've ever had, is by far the best in Houma.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Great food, nice, friendly competent staff. Very clean place. Owner is lovely to visit with.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Conveniently located in the main strip mall shopping area of Houma. Service was very good, the sashimi was fresh and tasty, but the rest of the meal was just average for a Japanese restaurant.

Been to Ichiban Japanese Steakhouse? Share your experiences!