“Not your normal Courtyard!”
Review of Courtyard Houma

Courtyard Houma
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Houma
The Woodlands, Texas
“Not your normal Courtyard!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This was the nicest Courtyard we've ever stayed in! Prepare to be blown away by the stylish decor, friendly staff, very nice pool & Starbucks inside the hotel. I'm not sure how a little town like Houma scored a super amped-up hotel like this one, but it will be the only place we stay when we are here every year for my hubby's fishing tournaments. I wish all the Courtyard's were like this one. Compared to other hotels/motels in the area, it does cost more, but trust me - it's worth it!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Susan C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Cypress, Texas
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This hotel gave me a 100% of I expected, All the way from clean and comfortable room, to a nice and relax environment by the pool ,good Starbucks, good food and great customer service!!
Although my visit was for business purposes I really enjoyed my stay, and I would most definitely choose and recommend this place for a future trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Roxana G
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Great pool, great location, but the 3 nights in their too soft bed, and horribly mushy pillows put a damper on our visit giving me back pain. But overall, a nice hotel, they just need some updating in the sleeping department.

• Stayed September 2013
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This hotel was great for a recent business trip. I spent one night and really liked the Starbucks and bistro (which sells beer!) in the lobby. The patio courtyard near the pool is a good place to sit and relax with drinks and friends. Some rooms have balconies that overlook the pool and the conference wing also has windows that overlook the pool. That might make some swimmers feel like they're too much 'on display.' I heard there is an indoor pool but I didn't see it.

A-Bear's restaurant is just down the street if you're looking for some good local food in a casual atmosphere.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Houma, Louisiana
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I think this hotel is wonderful, a bit pricey...but I still love the location. The Bistro's food is ok, but what the lack in the bar picks up the slack. I love the indoor pool, very relaxing. I go here when I want to get away from my fam...

Room Tip: You want to get a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is my new spot to stay in Houma for sure. New, gorgeous rooms, nice gym, beautiful pool. Breakfast isn't free, but there is a fridge so that's ok by me. I was so happy to find this place. Kind of not near anything but it's not like anyone would go there without a car anyway.

• Stayed June 2013
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Impressive Hotel for Houma! but overpriced in my opinion. Note: SPECIAL wedding rates $150.00 and then discovered you could get the same room @ a lower rate on EXPEDIA $128.00.. what a con job/that upset me Location OK, next to convention hall.
The second thing I didn't like was that breakfast was not included and oh by the way their lobby restaurant breakfast is expensive, tasteless and slow.
The third thing to upset me was that the free lobby coffee was removed promptly @ 8AM when the lobby "starbucks" open up. Yes they did have a four cup coffee maker in the room.
I have no idea if the lobby restaurant and bar service was so slow because of our 200 plus wedding guests were staying there but boy was service slow.
I will not be staying there again as I will not forgive them for rate gouging and they don't offer a free breakfast

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family