“Great rooms. Could have been all 5s, but...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Houma

Courtyard Houma
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Houma
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Great rooms. Could have been all 5s, but...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

Service was exactly what I have come to expect from Marriott brands. Everyone was very pleasant and professional. The lobby, restaurant, and rooms were up to date, very modern, and appeared to be clean. My only complaint was there was a cockroach in our bathroom. Me being from the north had never encountered one before so I was freaked out. My husband took care of it. It makes for a funny story now, but I couldn't sleep that night I was so paranoid.

• Stayed December 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Appleby, Tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

My wife, 2 year old daughter and I stayed at the Houma Courtyard Marriott while in town for a funeral. We've stayed at other Courtyard's, all which were nice, but this was one was VERY nice. Everything about this hotel seemed 1 or 2 notches above the new Courtyard we stay at often in Bossier City, La.

The maintenance man greeted me at the door and was very friendly and cordial. At the front desk a young lady checked me in and I asked for a 1st floor room since we were just staying one night and we had our daughter with us and we didn't want to lug everything to the elevator. She told me no problem and since they were not busy that night and we were Marriott Rewards Card members, she bumped us up to a king suite, so we would have more room! I was very happy and I thought that was a really nice gesture.

The room was really big! Very well laid out with a couch, 2 tv's, a nice bar area with a refrigerator and microwave. The room was VERY clean and in perfect condition. The thing that struck us the most was that it had 12 ft ceilings! I've never been in a hotel, outside of some old hotels in New Orleans, that had ceilings that high! It made the room feel alot bigger and was really pretty cool.

We walked by the fitness area and the pool, which looked very nice. I went to the bar near the lobby and had the bartender make us a drink to take back to the room. The drinks were a little pricey, but they were excellent and the bar staff was very nice.

I would definitely recommend this hotel. I can't speak for the normal rooms, but the king suite was really nice and actually just as nice or nicer than any Hilton I've ever stayed in. The hotel is in a great location, very close to the highway and easy to find.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TxLuckyGuy
Chicago,Il
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2012

I travelled to Houma on business and booked this room through Marriot's website . Houma isn't the kind of place where you would find a 5 star hotel. That being said ,this is one of the nicest chain Hotels I have stayed at. The lobby and is clean and inviting with coffee service in the mornings . The rooms are well appointed with free wifi , clean carpets , clean bathrooms and plenty of towels. Only real issue I had was the scant bed sheets and lack of a proper duvet. The comforter was covered with a sheet on one side and a sheet on the other , leaving the stuffing exposed. Kind of like sleeping on a pillow without a pillow case, except the pillow in this case is the actual comforter. Housekeeping tried to fold the sheets together to make it appear as if they actually covered the comforter with a duvet cover, this can be easily rectified. The rooms a very nice which is to be expected at a newer hotel. All in all it was a good stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Montgomery, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

Everything was excellent. The reception at the desk was incredibly welcoming. The lobby was happening with the restaurant and bar. The room was spot on for a Courtyard. The only issue was finding the place as it is behind the civic center, at least from the direction I came from. Very nice stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

Beautiful, clean, airy ...great rooms. They have a bar and restaurant. Excellent conference rooms. If you are going to be in Houma, this is the hotel to stay in.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Houma, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

The Courtyard Marriott feels like the only real hotel in Houma. This is most apparent when walking through their lobby, which is large, well decorated, and usually bustling with activity. Compare this to other hotels in Houma and the difference is stark.

The rooms are very comfortable, though not large, and I have never had trouble falling asleep on their king-sized bed. In fact, sleeping at this hotel has been the most pleasant part of my stay. When not sleeping, the T.V. has many high-definition channels and the bathroom is commodious -- though not as done up as I was expecting. Strangely, the hotel seems to have skimped on the bathroom towels, which offer no additional luxury from those you might get at a cheap motel.

One complaint is the air-conditioner. The fan is so loud that it renders other activity inaudible, unless you turn it up to 11. And, so it seems, some guests do. This will become irritating if you wish not to hear the base rumbling of your neighbors television trying to out compete their air-conditioner.

But for the most part, this is a very comfortable hotel. The outdoor pool and seating area is a highlight and, I am told, has one of the smallest mosquito to people ratios in all of Houma.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on one of the higher floors. Facing the parking lot on the fourth floor offers a...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mandeville, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

If you travel to Houma Louisiana you would not expect a hotel of this quality! Not saying anything bad about Houma, Louisiana; but this visit was shockingly surprising when I arrived. The rooms were well decorated and extremely clean. And for the price, it was the best hotel I have stayed at in several years!

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful, just pick anyone of them
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business