“Wonderful New Hotel”
Review of Courtyard Houma

Courtyard Houma
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Houma
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Beautiful, clean, airy ...great rooms. They have a bar and restaurant. Excellent conference rooms. If you are going to be in Houma, this is the hotel to stay in.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Houma

Reviewed November 18, 2011

The Courtyard Marriott feels like the only real hotel in Houma. This is most apparent when walking through their lobby, which is large, well decorated, and usually bustling with activity. Compare this to other hotels in Houma and the difference is stark.

The rooms are very comfortable, though not large, and I have never had trouble falling asleep on their king-sized bed. In fact, sleeping at this hotel has been the most pleasant part of my stay. When not sleeping, the T.V. has many high-definition channels and the bathroom is commodious -- though not as done up as I was expecting. Strangely, the hotel seems to have skimped on the bathroom towels, which offer no additional luxury from those you might get at a cheap motel.

One complaint is the air-conditioner. The fan is so loud that it renders other activity inaudible, unless you turn it up to 11. And, so it seems, some guests do. This will become irritating if you wish not to hear the base rumbling of your neighbors television trying to out compete their air-conditioner.

But for the most part, this is a very comfortable hotel. The outdoor pool and seating area is a highlight and, I am told, has one of the smallest mosquito to people ratios in all of Houma.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on one of the higher floors. Facing the parking lot on the fourth floor offers a...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2011

If you travel to Houma Louisiana you would not expect a hotel of this quality! Not saying anything bad about Houma, Louisiana; but this visit was shockingly surprising when I arrived. The rooms were well decorated and extremely clean. And for the price, it was the best hotel I have stayed at in several years!

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful, just pick anyone of them
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I was here for a week and the trashcans in my room were never changed. The deal breaker was when I saw a giant cock roach in my room. They sent someone to kill it. He stumped it and left it on the floor and walked out. As for the bistro restaurant they messed up my order every time.

• Stayed: September 2011
3  Thank TravelGirl10482
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I absolutely have no complaints with this hotel whatsoever! The bed was EXTREMELY comfortable and the room was a good size. Everything was so modern and very nice. The staff was very helpful and pleasant to talk to. I will definitely stay here in the future and recommend to all going to Houma.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2011

This is a newer hotel in Houma. It is very clean and modern. The bedding was comfortable and the room was spacious. The staff was very friendly and the little breakfast bar had great yogurt parfaits, great pancakes. The coffee was supposed to be Starbucks, but it was brewed pretty strong. I would recommend and plan on staying here again for my next business trip.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2011

I stayed here for a few nights while on a business trip. Although the hotel was a little far from where I needed to be, it was easy to find (although it's a new hotel and my GPS couldn't find it, so I had to call the desk) and decorated very nice. The hotel restaurant had a really good breakfast -- probably the best meal I ate while I was in town -- and the workout room had enough options for me. The pools were very pretty, although I didn't make it down there, and there is a lot of lounge areas for those who want to sit by the pool and grab a drink. My sole complaint would be that the air conditioning unit is a little loud for my sleeping preferences and that the walls are pretty thin. I could hear - ahem ahem - EVERYTHING going on in the couple's room next door to me, from sneezing to much more than I wanted to hear. One knock on the wall solved my problems. :)

Room Tip: There are a few rooms with balconies!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business