“This Is Not It!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

I was told this was the best in Houma........ They lied. The food was overcooked, I did not get what I ordered and I was overcharged for what I did get. The service was bad and my server was even worse. Avoid this place. Also, be careful who you ask. One man's meat IS another man's poison.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I had an oyster Poboy and some seafood gumbo. Both were excellent. Other members of my lunch party had the pork chop lunch plate. They said it was good and it came with a mountain of red beans and rice. I though the prices were very fair.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

It's a locals place, not a chain, and has great Cajun style seafood.
I had the shrimp the first night and grilled fish the next and wished I was in town for a third night.

Very casual, actually really casual, nice easy going wait staff.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I have eaten here a few times and nothing makes me want to go back. The catfish were mushy, the shrimp taste like iodine, and the burger was burnt. The only thing I ever finished on my plate were the onion rings.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I think the prices are a little high but they are in line with most of the other restaurants in south Louisiana. I guess I've been gone too long. I started with a cup of chicken and sausage gumbo followed by the fried oysters with thin onion rings and they were all delicious.. The gumbo was thick and was made with a dark roux, which I prefer. An acquaintance had fried shrimp and fries and said they were fine. I like that you have a choice of think or thick sliced onion rings since I prefer the thin. The coating on the fried seafood was light and well seasoned. A gentleman sitting next to me at the bar had boiled crawfish and said they were perfect! I will return to have something else because I feel certain whatever I have will be enjoyable!.

Been to Big Al's Seafood? Share your experiences!