“Good Seafood”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
New Iberia, Louisiana
“Good Seafood”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I think the prices are a little high but they are in line with most of the other restaurants in south Louisiana. I guess I've been gone too long. I started with a cup of chicken and sausage gumbo followed by the fried oysters with thin onion rings and they were all delicious.. The gumbo was thick and was made with a dark roux, which I prefer. An acquaintance had fried shrimp and fries and said they were fine. I like that you have a choice of think or thick sliced onion rings since I prefer the thin. The coating on the fried seafood was light and well seasoned. A gentleman sitting next to me at the bar had boiled crawfish and said they were perfect! I will return to have something else because I feel certain whatever I have will be enjoyable!.

Visited May 2013

Dallas, Texas
“Helped With My Special Order”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

It's a dangerous proposition for a person on a diet to go into a Louisiana seafood restaurant. Nevertheless, the waitress and the kitchen teamed up to help me enjoy the food there.

According to the menu, this is primarily a southern-fried place with large portions and a family-friendly dining room. (Wednesday is the all-you-can-eat fried catfish night.) When asked, the waitress said that most all dishes can be served grilled with a side of broiled veggies.

Great flavor, great dish, great experience!

Visited May 2013
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Marrickville, Australia
“OK cajun”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Food good but a bit on the small side. Also very thin french fries which I do not like. had fried shrimps which were very good. Service was friendly and would recommend for an occasional visit. Lots of locals.

• Visited April 2013
Maine
“Crawfish!”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

It was crawfish time in bayou LA and did Big Al's come through. Their crawfish boil was so good we went back a second time a week later. My wife had never experienced them and is now a fan. It was a welcome respite from fried food. Don't bother with the house salad...iceberg lettuce and ordinary dressings. Stick with what Big Al does best...seafood!!!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank RetiredMainer
Greenwell Springs, Louisiana
“Good most of the time. Service... Lacking!”
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten at Big Al's on many occasions with mixed, but decent reviews. I've been with groups of 30 to groups of 4.

The boiled seafood is always good. Pricing on crawfish is out of line when we are in the middle of crawfish season. The boiled shrimp is excellent and even better is the Big Al's Shrimp salad. I get it with boiled shrimp and ask for cocktail sauce to eat as a meal. It has plenty of shrimp even for a big guy.

My last visit I had two customers and the service was not good. One of our party got his food about 10 minutes after the rest. He was my customer and this was not an acceptable situation. There's nothing worst than having one person watch everyone else eat for that long. The worst thing was the entire time we waited, the waitress seemed to have vanished in thin air.

The crab soup is excellent and usually the service is just OK. I do recommend them but stay on your waitress to take care of you.

Been to Big Al's Seafood? Share your experiences!