Howard Johnson Houma
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Courtyard Houma(Houma)
View Hotel
All reviewsstay there againbiscuits and gravyshort staywalking distancenice breakfastclean roomsa great staytowels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I believe this to be a slightly older hotel with a fairly new make over. I felt like the place was very clean. The staff was very accommodating and helpful - excellent customer service. Rodney and I think Amanda were very courteous. Rooms were comfortable and spacious. Our non smoking room was fine but one of our fellow travelers got stuck with a room that had a slight odor.

The breakfast was ok. The biscuits needed some help. They seemed to be fully cooked / frozen and you had to warm them to eat. Not much cereal selection. There were several large groups and they might have been hit hard and things might have gotten picked over.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
hojohouma, Manager at Howard Johnson Houma, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dentice Guy,
We appreciate your stay here and your review. I will pass along comments to staff, we strive for excellence in customer service. We welcome groups and work very hard to meet each and every guests needs. We hope to see you and your group here again soon.

Kind Regards,
Rodney

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed at the Howard Johnson for 26 days and the customer service was excellent. i originally was going to stay at the Ramada, (and I did stay there for one night), but they were not customer friendly at all. It did give me a very bad taste of the city at first, but then Rodney and the whole staff at the Howard Johnson were very customer friendly. I couldn't have met a nicer bunch of people. I have stayed in hotels eight or nine months a year for the past 15 years, and I have never met a bunch of people that were so customer oriented in all my life. Rooms were nice too, but good customer service is of the utmost importance to me no matter where I go or what I do. Keep up the good work Rodney and hopefully I will see you again next year.

Room Tip: Tell them i sent you
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
hojohouma, Manager at Howard Johnson Houma, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Mr. Mariio V,
Thank you very much for your review. We do pride ourself here on customer service. Guest satisfaction in our #1 goal everyday. I look foward to your visit again with us next year.

Kind Regards,
Rodney T.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
hojohouma, Manager at Howard Johnson Houma, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Reviewed October 27, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Here for training at a local facility, this hotel is relatively empty, and set back from the road so very quiet as well. Relatively convenient (if you have a car) to some of Houma's more decent restaurants, grocery shopping, etc. Well kept but not new, rooms are typical and kept tidy and clean. Front desk service has been polite and professional. Wireless internet has been steady and fast enough.
The morning breakfast leaves a LOT to be desired - precooked egg squares and patty sausage sitting on a steam table next to some hard biscuits, plus the usual stale Danish, bagels, and muffins. The weak Folger's coffee was an especially unpleasant surprise....is this Houma or Minneapolis? BUT.....I'm not here for the breakfast, am I? Still, I wish all of these hotels in this range would step up and do this better.
Overall, I would stay here again.....not the Ritz, but comfortable, well lit, safe, and clean.

• Stayed: October 2013