“Swamp tour and cabin nice, skip the restaurant”

McGee's Landing - Atchafalaya Basin Swamp Tours
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Swamp tour and cabin nice, skip the restaurant”
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed In a cabin in order to take the swamp tour he next day. Cabin was nice, and some one had put effort into decorating it.
Swamp tour was nice. Not really as swampy as we had expected. The guide was great!
The restaurant menu clearly listed fries, hushpuppies and salad with the fried alligator. The price was $20. When I got my plate, I had no fries, and rice instead. I don eat rice. The hushpuppies were raw on the inside. I pointed out the missing fries to the waitress.. She rudely
said I only get 1 side. If that's the case, they need to update the menu. Don't list fries AND hushpuppies if you don't want to give both to the customer. The alligator was tough and hard to chew. I paid $20 and left still hungry.

Visited June 2013
5 Thank Natashag00

Minden, Louisiana
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Be Sure Curtis Is Your Guide”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I had about 10 visitors from across the US take this tour with Mr. Curtis. They got a feel for the lifestyle by being able to hear Mr. Curtis and his stories. The tour was nice and very relaxing.

Visited May 2013
4 Thank SchelleyB
Sydney, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“No full size gators, but a brilliant experience”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

This was a really great way to experience the swamps of Louisiana. We are Australian and have never experienced anything like them, so we were absolutely sold. Our tour guide was great, he was knowledgeable and personable. His accent wasnt too strong and he was educated and informative. The water level is high so it isnt too swampy, but it was beautiful. We saw some baby gators but no big ones (which is apparently due to the water level as well). It is a great experience and well worth the trip. The restaurant at the end of the tour is interesting as well.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Rebecca A
Rome, Italy
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Part of the Louisiana experience”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This Atchafalaya "swamp" tour added to our Louisiana experience. The water level was quite high so there was not much swamp to see. The guide was knowledgable and the personnel at McGees landing are super friendly. We did the swamp tour with our 17month old daughter who really enjoyed it. Be prepared for the typical deep fried everything on their menu.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Vierah
Southern California
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Not my favorite swamp tour”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

This was not my favorite swamp tour. I went on 5 swamp tours while I was in Louisiana and this was my least favorite. I didn't like it as much since much of the tour is in an open lake. We did go into some areas inside the swamp which were pretty though. The boat was big so it was harder to get into tighter areas. The guide told us some info about the wildlife and the area but I would have liked more information. We did see some alligators.

Visited April 2013