“Never ever ever again even if it was free!!!”
Review of Motel 6 Harvey

Motel 6 Harvey
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Harvey
“Never ever ever again even if it was free!!!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

If u come here to sleep good luck!!! I was tempted to just leave and go find a parking lot downtown to sleep in cause it was not a peaceful place at all!!! There is a bar next door and they had several people in extremely loud vechiles leaving ALL hours of the night and their music was UNBEARABLE again ALL hours of the night!!! For sure not what u see in the pictures!!! Very nasty outside!!! I would not even allow my kids to touch anything outside!!! And in addition to the noise from music and the loud cars u could hear screaming and my kids were terrified!!! Just sad they would allow this place to even be called a place of business!!!!

• Stayed February 2013
Erika B, Director of Sales at Motel 6 Harvey, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Hello! Thank you for your review. I apologize that your stay was less than acceptable. Since your stay we have a new management company, new general manager, new staff, and a freshly renovated hotel. We are making improvements all over the property, from a new 8ft privacy fence to 32in flatscreen tvs. We have taken control of the parking lots and I can assure you that the next time you stay, you will have a peaceful night's rest. I invite you to give us another shot next time you are in the area. We would love the opportunity to show you the improvements we have made.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
San Jose
Reviewed July 15, 2012

This property used to be a Day's Inn. It's now a Motel 6.

I booked a reservation from April 24-28 at this property and stayed the night of April 24. There is a sign at the reservations desk that says no refunds after ten minutes. Let that be your first warning.

Room was not clean: dust on counter tops throughout. Furniture old and broken: drawers would not slide in and out. Bathroom clean but toilet not bolted to floor: wobbled a bit. Basically the worst hotel I have stayed at. Below the quality that Motel 6 is supposed to represent.

Checked out morning of April 25. Hotel swiped card for a refund of the remaining three days. The receipt said refund, I saw a negative balance, and signed. But two positive transactions appeared on my credit card: one from the Motel 6 web site when I booked the reservation and another for the refund: charged for eight total days even though I spent one (and cancelled eight hours before 6:00 PM). I should mention this property has two different credit card terminals connected to two different card processors.

Got a customer satisfaction survey via email. Completed survey with low marks. Got a "we're sorry" letter from Motel 6 Corporate.

Upon receipt of the second charge, went to the contact us link on Motel 6's web site. Wrote about the dual charges and complained that this was fraud. Got a letter asking for the dual charge details. Sent the transaction identifiers, dates, and amounts. Received a "we're sorry, talk to the property manager" letter. By that time I had filed a dispute with my credit union and didn't see the point of contacting the manager once the transactions were refunded.

Bottom line: there is a reason this hotel is the cheapest in the New Orleans metropolitan area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jason Paul K

Travelers are raving about these Harvey hotels

Pensacola
Reviewed June 8, 2009

We stayed at this hotel this weekend and it was the most disgusting place I had ever seen. My husband is in the military and had drill this weekend so I went with him for the ride and to relax. I did not want to take my shoes off in the place!!! the carpets are sticky and moldy and people wondering outside were scary. We were staying for two days and tried to cancell the second day and they will not give us the $$$ back. They came in to the room, took all our towels, and did not clean the room at all. I asked the manager when they were coming to clean them and she said they already did. I told her trust me, they did not and she looked at me like I was nuts and told me that maybe they forgot and that they only clean the rooms every 2 or three days!!!!!! I asked where the towels were and she told me I had to wai a liitle for some to be available and that i would have to go get them!!!! I am not a picky person and, even though I like cleaningness, I can deal with certain things, but this place is absolutely the nastiest and scariest place ever!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Georgia
Reviewed July 6, 2008

Not sure where to start, we had what was called a king suite, I hate to see what the regular rooms look like. This hotel needs to be condemned; the carpet and bathroom are moldy, the smoke detector was not activated, the bathroom ceiling seemed like it was going to cave in at the simplest touch, oh...did I mention that we were watching tv around 11 pm and our lights (only our room) died, the so called security guard didn't have a flashlight, he had to depend on my husband's cell phone for light. I am a frequent business/vacation traveler, I have never been to a hotel with a security guard (aka robo-cop). I am glad we used reward points and didn't have to pay to stay in this dump, they should actually pay people to stay there....Oh, this was the worse, when we were getting ready for bed, the bedsheets/comforter had dead bugs and ants on them. Talking about gross, the comforter and the sheets had holes in them...do I need to say more, if you want to stay in a hotel similar to the Bates Hotel this is the place for you. Don't say you weren't warned!!!!

Stayed July 2008
Austin, TX
Reviewed February 14, 2005

The hotel was fine. The staff was not helpful. There is a dump of a strip club across the parking lot & all kinds of unsavory characters lurking around. There is a $1 toll bridge to get into the city.

3 Thank MKeebler
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 17, 2003

Booked the Days Inn in Harvey through Orbitz while attending a convention in New Orleans. It was cheap but what a mistake! Had booked a non-smoking room but the room just stank of smoke. OK, no big deal.
But when I opened the bed the sheets were DIRTY! OK, perhaps an honest mistake. Went to the front desk, got keys for a different room. No smoke stink but THE SHEETS WERE DIRTY AGAIN! I asked if this was a joke or what. I would have been out of there usually but it was past midnight and I had just flown in so I gave them a third chance. I was surely willing to make my own bed if I could finally get some shut-eye and I asked the front desk for clean sheets. They said they didn't have any but there would be a spare set in the room. OK, went to room #3, checked the sheets in the bed (DIRTY!) and then the spare set -- DIRTY!! The spare set had actually some gooey red stuff in them (blood with something??). I took it to the front desk and invited them to touch the red stuff but they prudentlfy declined my offer.

At that point I bailed. They actually had the gall to refuse returning me the blank credit card slip! I just asked for the phone to call American Express and let them know about it, and voila! no problem, they gave me the form and let me tear it up.

Was lucky to find a room in a Holiday Inn not far away. What a nightmare!

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harvey
Baymont Inn & Suites Marrero
Days Inn Gretna New Orleans
Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Tower
Best Western Plus Westbank
Comfort Suites Harvey
Holiday Inn Express Harvey - Marrero

Been to Motel 6 Harvey? Share your experiences!