“Football Game”

Travelodge New Orleans West Harvey Hotel
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Harvey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Korean first
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

It was being remodeling, so I can't make a judment.I just needed a place to sleep, so it was okay for me , the had breakfast so it was good for the price

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Quinteste C, Manager at Travelodge New Orleans West Harvey Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review on this site. We here at Travelodge New Orleans West appreciate the reviews given by our guest both positive as well as constructive negative. As guest , you give us an opportunity for betterment, and we do not take that for granted.

Thank you for being understanding in regards to our remodeling. This process of remodeling our hotel will be taking place until the end of this year. We also are under new ownership and management. We believe that our guest deserve quality and we are excited about making sure you all receive that and more when you stay with us.

Once again, thank you so much for your time, and we hope that you will give us the oppurtunity of serving you again here at Travelodge New Orleans West. Please note that potential guests can now call/e-mail/visit us directly at the addresses/number listed above the photo of Travelodge New Orleans West above
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

The hotel's front desk staff were excellent! Smiling faces and they were very accommodating.

The room was old and poorly maintained. The bathroom ceiling fan cover was off and placed on the coat rack. The sheets on my bed were places upside down. There was debris on the floor.

My biggest frustration was the distance from New Orleans to the hotel. Coming there, I spent a lot of money until I mastered the bus system I recommend a car or taxi money.

• Stayed July 2012
Ann Arbor, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

Thank you for the opportunity to warn other travelers.

I had to wait to write this letter so that the entirety of it was not expletives.
My Husband and I traveled hundreds of miles to attend the Jazz Festival the 27th of April 2012. We picked up friends from the Pensacola Airport that were from England. We are from Northern Canada. When I made the reservations I was told that the two room we had booked had been renovated and that there was a shuttle service that would pick us up and take us to the Festival and back. None of that was true. Of course because of the Festival every other room in town was booked .I had booked and payed for this in months in advance. We were just stuck there for 3 days.

The rooms had a new bathtub and a new mattress. That was it. Our feet literally stuck to the carpet. It was a surprise because the front lobby was clean. The pool and surrounding gardens were pretty. But I should have known, the front glass doors to the lobby were discussing. They appeared not to have been cleaned in months. In fact the door itself was so beat up...and it was metal framed.....didn't even close. I was so embarrassed because I was the one that had found the motel on line, made the reservations, had everything in place to have a wonderful stay. Our friends were very understanding ,but we stayed away from the room as much as possible. The sheets did not fit the beds, so they were off the bed by morning. The bedspreads were full of burn holes. It smelled so bad that we left the room and bought air fresher just so we could stand it. The doors on both rooms had gaps so large around them that just about any critter could have gotten in. And standing water outside the rooms in the hall ways. Our air conditioner worked but our friend from the UK's didn't .

There is a restaurant attached that actually had good food and very nice people working there. But again, the windows were so dirty it was hard to see out them. The front door to the restaurant was so filthy that we used our shirts to open the doors.

We and our friends have traveled extensively and have stayed in some low rent rooms, but Never were any of them as disgusting as this. We don't expect luxury from a Travel Lodge, but we do expect it to be above disgusting. The Brand Travel Lodge should be embarrassed that their name is on this establishment. I had no reservations about staying in a Travel Lodge because there is one 5 min from where we live and it is excellent. Priced equal.....so....who's responsibility is it in taking care that the public is not duped into booking a room in the Harvey Travel Lodge.

If this is the type of motels that Priceline.com lists and recommends to travelers they should also be ashamed. All we, as consumers know is the picture and the integrity of the site we are dealing with.

I would have posted this on the sit for the motel itself but because I booked through priceline and not direct I was unable to do so. I will post this comment where ever and when ever I get the opportunity. I feel that Priceline should take some responsibility as to what kind of establishments they even list. Just a thought. If you have more than 10 negatives....and I mean down right awful.....reviews, you might think of dropping it from your list.

I have never given a bad review anywhere we have stayed in the USA. This is a first. So it's not like I make a habit of this.
Again, thank you for the opportunity to tell you this.

The Poirier's

Room Tip: There are no good rooms, unless they hated us and were punishing us with filthy horrible rooms. Smel...