“Misplaced”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Harvey
Portland, Oregon, USA
“Misplaced”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

The place and people were find
I made a reservation several months ago thru Bestern Western
The Sunday before I left I got. A confirmation
The next day, two days before we were leaving I got a call changing our hotel
They couldn't give me a confirmation number or any info about the hotel
It was no where close to where my family was having their reunion
I was told it was close and close to the airport,
84 dollar cab trip
The response from my concern was, so. It was the Superbowls fault
I didn't pay the NFL
And the hotel could got give me a receipt because the had no record
I was frustrated as was my family

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank diversityasgift

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Actually stopped to enjoy some food and rest on our way to Florida from Seattle and loved it so much we booked another night. It's Super Bowl week but they still found accommodated us for an extra night. This s located in an awesome spot with a very popular and amazing restaurant attached to it. The food was so good and the drinks too. This room and courtyard are picture perfect, we felt so welcomed and we relaxed that we had to stay an extra night definitely love this one. Rooms are clean quiet and extremely comfortable love it. You receive complimentary appetizers as a quest at the hotel in the restaurant and breakfast passes. There were also a lot of people here who were boarding a cruise the next day

Room Tip: There all good
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gmama65
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Great little hotel, clean and nice sized rooms. Staff were friendly and courteous. Breakfast was average, price was good for the area. Area seemed pretty decent also. Only thing...beware if you are on the second floor, as there are no elevators in this hotel :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LadyMarvel213
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We recently stayed here during the Christmas - New Year's holiday and were VERY pleased with the room and the service. Our room was VERY nice - appeared to have been newly renovated. Carpet was new - bathroom and dressing area were very nice and clean.

Service at the front desk was wonderful! We were treated with great courtesy and we found the front desk to be above and beyond the norm of attention and care. Our rooms were quiet and we felt very comfortable and "at home".

We are VERY picky and do not like stale odors, dirty facilities or rude personnel. We found none of these at this location. We can't wait to book again for our upcoming trip in 2 months to New Orleans.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 days in December to visit New Orleans. At first the hotel looks old and tired from outside. The lobby was small and looked old. The layout of the hotel is kind of odd. The have 2 elevators, each at one end of the building. The elevator was slow but it did took us with our luggages to the third floor safely. The surprise was the room. It was amazingly clean. The bed was comfortable and so were the pillows. The breakfast area is small but it wasn't a problem when we were there (I think the hotel was not fully booked at the time of our stay). We were pleased with the hotel and it really shows why you shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

• Stayed December 2012
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We were initially assigned a room on the second floor that faced a concrete wall; when we looked out the window or the front door, all we could see was the concrete wall. We asked to be reassigned to another room and we were. The second room was comfortable. There were several vacancies on the second floor throughtout our stay (rooms with nice views). I do not know why we were not assigned to a more desirable room at the beginning. It seems to me that the hotel should assign the best available rooms to the guess first; then assign the less desirable roooms when there was nothing better left. Two years ago (Oct 2010) I had a similar experience at this hotel. I was assigned to a room on the first floor. It was across from what appeared to be a noisy ac/heating unit. Next door to the room was a room where the housekeeping staff kept supplies. I asked the clerk at the front desk to assign me to another room; she was quite hostile and very rude. I eventually was assigned to another room. I would be remiss if I did not say that the desk clerk, when I checked in, at my most recent stay was much more polite than the desk clerk who checked me in for my 2010 stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank NELVIN T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harvey
Hampton Inn & Suites Harvey/New Orleans West Bank
Comfort Suites Harvey
Holiday Inn Express Harvey - Marrero
Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Tower
TownePlace Suites New Orleans Harvey/West Bank
Best Western Plus Landmark Hotel & Suites

Been to Best Western Plus Westbank? Share your experiences!