Holiday Inn Express Harvey - Marrero
Comfort Suites Harvey(Harvey)(Great Value!)
$94
  • Pool
$159
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus St. Charles Inn(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$155
$145
BestWestern.com
All reviewsfrench quarternew orleansacross the riverwithin easy walking distancewould definitely stay here againnight stayroad tripoutdoor poolminute drivenice roompre cruise staybeds were comfortableeach morningthe hotel staffeasy accessbusiness tripfree breakfast
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Arrived in town on a sold-out weekend, so only place I could find for reasonable price was this Holiday Inn in Harvey (before it also sold out). The lobby is small, but the rooms are nicely sized and clean. Service was exceptionally friendly and I loved that they acknowledged our IHG status by bringing us a gift bag with water, fruit, and hand written note. Great touch! There's a lot of interesting stuff in the Harvey area too, and I wouldn't mind staying longer next time

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jlaformab
hiexpressharvey99, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Harvey - Marrero, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We were looking for a overnight place in New Orleans and after seeing the city "recovery tax" of about 25%, we started looking at surrounding area. Harvey is just across the river next to Algiers. Took us about 15-20 minutes to get downtown N.O. for supper.
The rooms were clean, easy check in and the staff was very courteous and informative. The only negative we had was that there was a strong odor in the hall and a very strong perfumed smell in the room. But it wasn't real offensive.
The breakfast was typical Holiday Inn Express. Nothing special, scrambled eggs, biscuits gravy, sweet rolls, cereal etc. But we will return to stay here again,

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank archytecture
hiexpressharvey99, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Harvey - Marrero, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you for letting us know how we are doing. Thank you for your kind words, and we are looking into the issues you experienced during your stay. Thank you again, and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

This hotel has a very friendly and accomodating staff everything was perfect from check in to the bill under the door. Closest nice hotel to the Boothville Helicopter bases on Hwy 23 on the far south side of Plaquemines Parish near Venice.

Room Tip: Upstairs is better to avoid dancing with the stars!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
hiexpressharvey99, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Harvey - Marrero, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us, look forward to seeing you again .

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I had seen the positive reviews for this place, so when my work booked my trip I figured it was a good bet. And it really was-every staff member was super friendly and it is really a nicely decorated hotel-rooms are really pretty. The breakfast is a nice offering although I wished there was oatmeal or fresh cut fruit too. My only negative is the location is very strange- it is a building behind a building...and not really near anywhere you would want to go unless you would like to go to Walgreens next door. There is a restaurant next door "New Orleans Burger and Seafood" and the Seafood platter was excellent-except for the side of bread which was just a charred piece of bread. The thin catfish was delectable (and I thought I didn't like catfish). I would have loved to be downtown for my stay, and this hotel is a good 15 min away. But if you have to stay in Harvey/Marrero, this is a great pick. Outdoor Pool looked really nice but I never had the chance to dip in. Parking was a little tight since the rows are a bit close together and there wasn't much parking to find at night-but I always found a spot during my 4 night stay. Free parking too I should mention. Not too far from the hotel is any store you might need or fast food. A mall is a few miles down the road too that I drove to for the sole intention of celebrating my bad day at work with some Cafe Du Monde beignets...yummy therapy;) Overall.Not an upscale area but seemed safe enough for a female traveling alone. I would stay again-if I can't stay in the FQ!

Room Tip: There's not really a view to be had-i would face the parking lot since the other side would face the building next door
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
hiexpressharvey99, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Harvey - Marrero, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor, and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Our check in experience was one of the best I've had. Both Kevana and Kyle at the front desk were helpful and accommodating. Our room was clean, quiet and comfortable. I used the washer/dryer, $1.00 each and they both actually worked. There was popcorn and hot beverages in the dining area. Breakfast was typical HI Express fare. The eggs and bacon were cooked perfectly. Both women working in the area greeted me with a smile and cheerful, welcoming "Good mornings" We chose this hotel because it was near the Jean Lafitte Barataria Preserve. It is on a stretch of road with a wide range of chain and local restaurants and stores.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms look out on the utility courtyard. Definitely not scenic, but was quiet during our stay. We were in Room 107, and it was close to the laundry, vending and breakfast rooms as well as the front desk. Even number rooms look out on the parking lot.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank idlewood4
hiexpressharvey99, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Harvey - Marrero, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

We are very pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay. We are very lucky to have Kevana, Kyle, and all of our great staff, here at the Holiday Inn Express. Thank you very much for taking the time, and for the very nice comments. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.