“Excellent Stay-just not the most scenic location...”

Holiday Inn Express Harvey - Marrero
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Harvey
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I had seen the positive reviews for this place, so when my work booked my trip I figured it was a good bet. And it really was-every staff member was super friendly and it is really a nicely decorated hotel-rooms are really pretty. The breakfast is a nice offering although I wished there was oatmeal or fresh cut fruit too. My only negative is the location is very strange- it is a building behind a building...and not really near anywhere you would want to go unless you would like to go to Walgreens next door. There is a restaurant next door "New Orleans Burger and Seafood" and the Seafood platter was excellent-except for the side of bread which was just a charred piece of bread. The thin catfish was delectable (and I thought I didn't like catfish). I would have loved to be downtown for my stay, and this hotel is a good 15 min away. But if you have to stay in Harvey/Marrero, this is a great pick. Outdoor Pool looked really nice but I never had the chance to dip in. Parking was a little tight since the rows are a bit close together and there wasn't much parking to find at night-but I always found a spot during my 4 night stay. Free parking too I should mention. Not too far from the hotel is any store you might need or fast food. A mall is a few miles down the road too that I drove to for the sole intention of celebrating my bad day at work with some Cafe Du Monde beignets...yummy therapy;) Overall.Not an upscale area but seemed safe enough for a female traveling alone. I would stay again-if I can't stay in the FQ!

Room Tip: There's not really a view to be had-i would face the parking lot since the other side would face...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
hiexpressharvey99, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Harvey - Marrero, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor, and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Harvey - Marrero

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Our check in experience was one of the best I've had. Both Kevana and Kyle at the front desk were helpful and accommodating. Our room was clean, quiet and comfortable. I used the washer/dryer, $1.00 each and they both actually worked. There was popcorn and hot beverages in the dining area. Breakfast was typical HI Express fare. The eggs and bacon were cooked perfectly. Both women working in the area greeted me with a smile and cheerful, welcoming "Good mornings" We chose this hotel because it was near the Jean Lafitte Barataria Preserve. It is on a stretch of road with a wide range of chain and local restaurants and stores.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms look out on the utility courtyard. Definitely not scenic, but was quiet during our...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank idlewood4
hiexpressharvey99, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Harvey - Marrero, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

We are very pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay. We are very lucky to have Kevana, Kyle, and all of our great staff, here at the Holiday Inn Express. Thank you very much for taking the time, and for the very nice comments. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Great deal 8 miles from city with lots of amenities and shopping nearby. Courteous staff too.

Holiday Inn Express is a great deal considering what you get compared to larger luxury hotels. I left some clothing in the closet and they were glad to locate it and mail it back to me.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank detour7007
hiexpressharvey99, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Harvey - Marrero, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did. It is always wonderful to hear that we could help a guest have a great stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Harvey LA. The staff at check in was wonderful and was willing to change our room from 2 queen beds to a king bed but unfortunately there was not one available on our second night. It you need a room with two bed they have 2 QUEENS believe me there are not to many hotels in NOLA that do. The rooms came with a microwave and refrigerator along with the standard coffee maker. The breakfast was awesome from cereal to eggs, pancakes to bacon and ham. The ladies that keep the breakfast going made sure nothing ran out and all the tables and counters were clean. The area is very convenient for shopping and local dining. All this and being only 15 min. to the French Quarters.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Pkowis
hiexpressharvey99, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Harvey - Marrero, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you very much, for your kind words and for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. It is truly appreciated.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for a couple of days in January, 2013. I must say it was very clean and the staff was very friendly and accomodating. One young man working the front desk-night shift, was absolutely outstanding. I only wish I could remember his name. Definitely an asset to the company and this hotel. We slept very well, but the pillows were very flat and no shuttle service was offered from the hotel. The hotel is away from the action, but we enjoyed the peacefulness while the french quarter was only 10 minutes away. I would recommend this hotel for sure.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
hiexpressharvey99, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Harvey - Marrero, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. The gentleman you are thinking of is Kyle. We are very lucky to have him, and all of our employees. We are looking into the issues that you experienced during your stay, and will do our best to address them. Thank you again.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

This has been a great experience for me. it is out of new orleans traffic down in western bank in Harvey. Great location, very good customer service. Want to thanks Lisa Clofer for all her team they have made me feel great in this hotel. specially our Federal employee who likes to be in a peaceful place to rest and not worry. Breakfast has been great. and they have open it early for those that leave early to work and have it open from 5.ooam to 10.ooam.
Miguel Flores 110

Room Tip: Front side was great with the pool in front.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
hiexpressharvey99, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Harvey - Marrero, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments. We are very fortunate to have Lisa, and all of our wonderful staff, here at the Holiday Inn Express. We look forward to making your future stays, pleasurable ones. Thank you again, for taking the time to let us know how we are doing.

Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here and was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it. Staff was great to work with and the rooms were impeccably cleaned. Couldn't have asked for a cleaner room. That's a biggie for me. Nice room all the amenities and pretty quiet. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012
hiexpressharvey99, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Harvey - Marrero, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. We take great pide in both the cleanliness of our hotel, and the friendliness of our staff. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future, and hope we can again, exceed your expectations. Thank you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Harvey
Comfort Suites Harvey
Best Western Plus Westbank
Hampton Inn & Suites Harvey/New Orleans West Bank
Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Tower
TownePlace Suites New Orleans Harvey/West Bank
Courtyard New Orleans Westbank/Gretna

Been to Holiday Inn Express Harvey - Marrero? Share your experiences!