“Love this hotel”

Comfort Suites Harvey
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Harvey
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We always stay in this hotel before going on cruises. Love the beds and the rooms are nice, not in a neighborhood that looks good but hotel has security cameras and have not had an issue there yet and there is a daiquiri place around corner you can get a gallon cheap and bring it back to room. Easy access to a few restaurants and walmart target is right down road. Staff has been nice and helpful. Breakfast in morning is the typical stuff at hotels nothing to really write about. Will always use this hotel till I think it becomes bad.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tazman569
gm_LA181, Manager at Comfort Suites Harvey, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

The Comfort Suites Harvey Staff

Reviewed September 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on 9/9 in an accessible King Suite. The Furniture and carpeting appeared to be new and the TV was the largest I have ever had in a hotel. The desk staff, were all without exception very courteous and helpful. I have read several negative reports on the location of this hotel, and I don't know why. The location is in a relatively lower middle class working area and no where near any real ghetto in New Orleans. Don't be put off or scared off by some people who think if you are not on a 5 acre property with all white people around, you are in a ghetto of the most drug ridden sort The New Orleans area is predominately mixed racial in nature so get off your racist high horse and learn to enjoy all peoples company.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
gm_LA181, General Manager at Comfort Suites Harvey, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We commit ourselves in providing great customer service by our team members to make sure every guest feels like home and by your comments it looks like we kept our promise.
On behalf of the entire team, please accept my thanks for choosing The Comfort Suites- Harvey as your lodging provider. We look forward to exceeding your expectations again soon!

The staff of the Comfort Suites-Harvey

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I must warn travelers to this motel, it's location isn't the best. There are apartment buildings across the street and what I call some questionable inhabitants. It is about two miles south of the of business 90 off Manhattan Blvd. As you drive south you began to notice stores with bars on doors and windows. Due to space there is "NO SWIMMING POOL" for the children to keep them entertained. There is a mall just south of 90 and north of motel on Manhattan and numerous eating places - fast and sit down restaurants. The motel was clean and staff was friendly and helpful. Would I stay there again "NO". THE PRICE DOESN'T JUSTIFY THE LOCATION.

Room Tip: Find another motel in better area.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
gm_LA181, Manager at Comfort Suites Harvey, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Reviewed May 18, 2013

This hotel is in a commercial area. Lots of places to eat are very close by. It was close to New Orleans, but you don't have to pay the downtown New Orleans price.

The room was clean and comfortable. My service experience was great. My only concern was the size of the breakfast area. It looked like on a busy day it would fill up pretty fast. Thankfully there were only a couple others there when I was.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank bluebonzoid
gm_LA181, Manager at Comfort Suites Harvey, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete these comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel, we appreciate the comments and look forward to having you stay again.

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Ok, if you are looking for a nice, scenic area for a vacation stay, this is NOT the place for you. If you need a place to crash for a couple of nights on a business trip, then this place is not bad. The area is pretty scary and I was greeted on the street leading to the hotel by a couple of shady-looking characters. I was thankful for the 10 foot high block wall surrounding the hotel and parking area. I parked my car right in front of the door.
However, once inside my reception was friendly and efficient. The room was large, clean and comfortable. I would have preferred brighter lighting in the work area as the dim light began to wear on the eyes after working a while.
There were no wash towels in the room so I it called down and went and picked some up at the front desk. I only mention this because the next day, there were none left again. This time I didn't bother. Slight maintenance issue in that the closet door was broken and propped up so that it fell as soon as I touched it. Not really a big deal and easily missed. I would've never known had I not tried to close it. It was my last night so informed the front desk when I checked out.
I didn't partake of the free breakfast but it did look good- eggs, bacon, self-made waffles, and other typical hotel breakfast fare. Coffee was of the instant-machine type, but I liked it.
Overall, this hotel was a pretty good place to stay. I mark it down because of the horrible location and housekeeping/maintenance. oversight. I will be in the area again for business and will consider giving it another shot.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I went this hotel for a conference. It rain while here and it rain in my room. My shoes got soaked full of water. I took it to the front desk and they know the rooms leak. The manager was not very help it is now a week and a half later I am still without my shoes due to the fact that the hotel staff did not know where the staff member put my shoes so now I am out of some AirMax shoes. I have call the corp headquarters and they were not able to help. I would not recommend this hotel to my dog.

Room Tip: Do not pick this hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 18, 2013

:)This hotel is very clean and the employee were great nola's people.....love it. if you like shopping this the place to be. drive thru drinks right down the street and the food was great....breakfast at the hotel nice and hot. i just enjoyed it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harvey
Central Business District
Garden District
Prytania Park
Prytania Park
#106 of 167 in New Orleans

Been to Comfort Suites Harvey? Share your experiences!