“Good value, friendly staff”

Comfort Suites Harvey
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Harvey
Memphis, Tennessee
“Good value, friendly staff”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We stayed here in a suite, more than enough room for five of us. The hotel was very clean. We had a little trouble at check in. We got there at about 3 am, the overnight clerk was apparently new. We got it straight though. There is a toll on the road into NOLA, but it is not a long or hard drive. The staff was very friendly and we enjoyed the hotel.

Room Tip: The suites have a fold out couch and double beds, if you are travelling with a group it is very comf...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
orlando
Reviewed July 19, 2012

The hotel is about 15 min drive to downtown New Orleans, it was situated in a decent area with stores and restaurants nearby. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room had not been thoroughly cleaned. Found earrings and bottle caps on the floor, the sheets on the sofa bed had not been changed prior to my arrival and we killed about 4 roaches in the span of 5 days. The hotel served it's purpose seeing as though I was out of the room most of my stay. Yet, I don't think I would stay again and they don't have a pool which would have been great to cool off in the Louisiana heat.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank MsVacationlady
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Awesome rooms rencently updated flat screen tvs, great staff everyone was friendly, very clean only turn off was the neighbor hood but very nice over all highly recommended

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

Upon arrival, I was putting my toiletries away in the bathroom, only to find dirty wash cloths left behind in the shower. Told the lady at the desk and all she said was that she was sorry and they would clean it up tomorrow. Back to the room, only to find the sheets for the pull out couch bed were used and not taken out and replenished with new ones...... back to the desk. This time, no apology and she just gave me the sheets and blanket. Then, go to get in my bed and there were body hairs under my covers along with the other bed. It sure looked like they didn't even bother to change the sheets! So 3rd trip BACK to the desk and all she does was give clean pillows and sheets to us for us to change and take care of our own beds. I'm not happy. If I end up taking bed bugs home, they will hear from me AGAIN! !!!! I hope the breakfast isn't this gross!

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank FamilyTennyson
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed April 16, 2012

The area is shady but the hotel is nice. The front desk employees are very helpful. I had problems with my key reader on my door many of the days I stayed here, but the front desk employees were very helpful with this issue. The breakfast is typical and the cable TV is excellent. All but one employee was very helpful during my stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel during a trip to New Orleans with my classmates. Upon entering the establishment, I was cordially greeted by the staff. I was informed that the hotel was less than a year old and it showed! The rooms were in spotless condition and were equipped with two double beds, a pull out mattress, a large flat screen TV, a fridge, etc. The layout of the room made it very spacious and the divider between beds and sofa created an extra space to just hang out. Another perk of staying at the hotel was the free continental breakfast which had a variety of options to choose from. The only downfall of the hotel is that it is in Harvey, LA so those wishing to head to the French Quarter will have to either drive or take a cab. Although, this did not prove to be too much of a problem as cabs are easy to contact.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I wish I could have spent more time at this hotel. It was a nice surprise. Brittany at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. I had a suite which was larger than most suites I've stayed in. It had a sofa with coffee table, straight back chair with table, desk area with chair, large flat screen TV, microwave but no fridge, and good wifi reception. A large partition separated the sitting area from the doorway. I had a small problem but maintenance fixed it very quickly.
Breakfast was minimal. Very convenient to downtown New Orleans

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harvey
Best Western Plus Westbank
Holiday Inn Express Harvey - Marrero
Hampton Inn & Suites Harvey/New Orleans West Bank
Comfort Suites New Orleans
Comfort Suites New Orleans
#113 of 162 in New Orleans
Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Tower
TownePlace Suites New Orleans Harvey/West Bank

Been to Comfort Suites Harvey? Share your experiences!