Tripadvisor
Search
All reviews breakfast bar the hotel staff new orleans home2 dishwasher lobby
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great stay a new Hilton Property. Will definitely come back again. Rooms were very clean. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Lots of nearby eating options.

One down side is that taking uber/lyft into town will set you back at least $15.

Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
Home2SuitesHarvey, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Harvey, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of Home2 Suites. We're thrilled to have been able to host you and happy you were able to check out our brand new property. Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to your next stay with us. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed January 1, 2020

I appreciated the apples & coffee available. The coffee was not always readily available in the lobby. I was able to use the computer & printer as well. The staff gave extra blankets as requested.

When we went to breakfast at 9, there was barely anything left, few bagels and some oatmeal & cereal. We had to ask for food to be brought out and it was frozen omelet eggs. Orange juice was out. Milk was out. The lady working behind the breakfast bar was so very rude. She was upset that a customer left a waffle cup on the counter, and she made a huge deal about it while I was standing there making waffles for our children. All I said was "good morning" and I heard about how people don't know where the trash is, etc. I offered a suggestion of maybe putting a trash can labeled close and she said she did but they were throwing food away etc. I said, maybe they don't know? She said, "Oh! They know!" I stopped talking after that as I had nothing else to say. I had just woke up and no coffee yet so this was frustrating and our first breakfast morning. The lady at the front desk was helping her restock yogurt. She was very nice to get me eggs but they were frozen & she refilled the yogurt. The breakfast lady (name began with D? and had glasses on) began yelling angrily to the entire lobby, "Attention- there is no milk in the building! Again, there is no milk in the building!" We (the entire lobby filled with customers, down for breakfast) were just looking around at each other in awe. She obviously is not familiar with the hospitality industry. Very bad look for Hilton!

On another note- it probably doesn't help that earlier the police was banging on everyone's doors looking for a child's parents, who was down in the lobby alone. We were on the 2nd floor.

We didn't feel welcomed and for the next 2 days, we did not feel comfortable going to breakfast. There was no soap to use for the dishes or the dishwasher either. When I asked housekeeping, she said she would bring this to the the manager's attention. I was told the general manager was out until after the new year so I didn't address this with anyone as of yet. Interesting enough, we are at another Hilton Home2suites, they have soap & sponges in their rooms for their guests. For a new hotel, not even a year old, very surprised by this.

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 756brandym

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience, unfortunate as it was. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're very sorry you were unhappy with the overall stay. I apologize again for any inconvenience caused, and would like to speak with you directly regarding your stay. Please feel free to give me a call directly and I will be happy to assist.

Reviewed December 19, 2019 via mobile

So after my first stay in this hotel in Opelika, Alabama, I decided to stay in the same hotel in Harvey, Louisiana. Again, great service. Our room was even more spacious than the first. No complaints. I highly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for this absolutely amazing review! We appreciate your honest feedback and are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your experience again with us. I think one of our best qualities here at the Home2 Suites Harvey is staff interaction as we thrive to ensure guests, such as yourselves, are happy from the time you walk in to the time you walk out. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed December 6, 2019

My family and I had a great time staying at the Home2 Suites. The entire facility was nest and clean. They have a beautiful lobby area with ample charging space for tech savvy people. 24 hour coffee, tea and hot chocolate was a great plus! I plan to stay again on my next visit to New Orleans.

Date of stay: November 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Valued Annie,

We were thrilled to host during Bayou Classic and we truly appreciate your valuable review of our Home2 Suites. It’s wonderful to see that you enjoyed your overall experience, and we look forward to impressing you even further on your next trip to Harvey.

Reviewed November 27, 2019

I tried to become a Hilton Honors member because I’ve heard so many great things but my only stays since becoming a member have been a nightmare. Dirty rooms, dirty bathrooms, dirty sheets, no sheets, bugs, uncomfortable bed, squeaky beds, gross food, rude staff...overall just horrible. Skip Hilton and check out Marriott.

Date of stay: November 2019