Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans-Elmwood/Clearview Parkway Area
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewslong bridgenew orleansrestaurants and shoppingfitness centersafe arearoom was cleanfrench quarterthe breakfast areabusiness tripgreat place to stayexcellent hoteleasy accesscomplimentary breakfastcleaning staffstay there againconvenient locationmardi gras
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Recently stayed during Spring Break 2013. Everything int he hotel looks beautiful, fresh and new. The rooms were clean. We had to stay in a smoking room because the hotel was booked, which you need to expect that, this is a tourist area everyone wants to see!! I am a non smoker and the smell was not bothersome at all, surprisingly! I found it more than easy to get to and from New Orleans during my stay. There was a lot of traffic of course, but not knowing where I was going and how to get there, it was no problem at all. The breakfast was what every Hampton Inn should offer with plenty to chose from!! My children and I were very pleased. It was the best Hampton I have been at yet and will definitely stay there again. I have no complaints at all with this property, but of course I am not one that is going to fuss over minor things (:

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans-Elmwood/Clearview Parkway Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a good review of our hotel. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon on your next visit to the New Orleans Area.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

NO was all booked up. Was able to get a room here. Had a Non Smoking room but was NOT on non-smoking floor- go figure. Hallway reeked of cigarette smoke ugh! I questioned the front desk about that and they offered an ozone machine for the room but I declined as the room didn't smell that bad. In room Coffee machine didn't work. Asked for a replacement and front desk said they would replace it but never did. Had room serviced after first night. They failed to replenish soap. Called front desk and the delivered within 5 minutes.... Room was clean -- All in all only average experience. Place was packed!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans-Elmwood/Clearview Parkway Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel and for choosing us. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand that you were disappointed regarding some issues. I very much regret for the inconvenient smell of smoke you had during your stay. I am happy to advise you that we will be converting to all non-smoking rooms in the near future. However, I can very much empathize with your discomfort and sincerely apologize for this. In addition, I am so sorry that you were that your coffee machine was not working properly. I thank you for bringing it up to my attention so that I can follow-up with our Executive Housekeeper.

Again, I truly regret and inconveniences you went through and hope that you give us another chance of staying with us if you are ever around our area.

Jennifer Portera

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We were returning from a cruise that originated in Galveston and decided to spend a couple of days in NOLA. We had done some research prior to leaving home so we knew that hotels were not cheap in the city, or even in the suburbs. We decided to stop at the tourist info rest area just over the state line from TX. There we found a coupon for rooms @ $79 at the Hampton Inn in Harahan. We called, but were quoted a much higher price ($124) and were told that the $79 rate was walk-in only and subject to availability. As it was Saturday evening when we arrived we didn't have high expectations of getting that rate, especially since many hotels in the area claimed to have no rooms at all. However, they honored the coupon and we got a nice room on the top floor. Yes, the hotel is far from new, but everything was ultra-clean, the amenities were nice, and the staff members were all warm and professional. The free breakfast isn't inspired but it's certainly adequate, and there's coffee, tea, and fresh water available 24/7. We were very satisfied with our stay there and highly recommend it for anyone looking for a solid value in an expensive area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Jennifer P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans-Elmwood/Clearview Parkway Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Thank you so much for your great review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you enjoyed your cruise. Your comments will be shared with our staff. We hope to see you again next time you visit New Orleans.

Jennifer Portera

Reviewed February 24, 2013

This Hilton property has seen better days. The halls smelled strongly of cigarette smoke despite it being a nonsmoking floor. Luckily our room didnt smell or we would have checked out. The bed was comfortable and outer as well as inner linens were clean. Nice flat screen tv's. breakfast was the usual cold uninspired hotel breakfast. As for location it is 10 miles from the French quarter and not easily gotten to or from. The area it is in does have some nice shops and restaurants though. Try nacho mamas around the corner for good Mexican food. All in all not bad but I think Hilton needs to renovate this one or turn it over

• Stayed: February 2013
Jennifer P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans-Elmwood/Clearview Parkway Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I was delighted to read from your review that you found our beds to be comfortable. However, I understand that you found our property to be dated and in need of renovations. Your satisfaction is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. We have plans to renovations plans for this Spring. In addition, I sincerely apologize if you our some parts of our hotel smelled like cigarettes. I am happy to announce that soon we will be converting to a all non-smoking property.

Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you. Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel to be close to a relative who was in a nearby hospital. The hotel is an older property that has been well maintained. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We are Diamond Members and were upgraded to a two room suite. The hotel is in a safe area with ample parking. There are many restaurants and shops nearby. Some restaurants are within walking distance. If visiting this area again, I would definitely stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family