“Courteous Staff; Only average experience”

Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans-Elmwood/Clearview Parkway Area
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Harahan
“Courteous Staff; Only average experience”
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

NO was all booked up. Was able to get a room here. Had a Non Smoking room but was NOT on non-smoking floor- go figure. Hallway reeked of cigarette smoke ugh! I questioned the front desk about that and they offered an ozone machine for the room but I declined as the room didn't smell that bad. In room Coffee machine didn't work. Asked for a replacement and front desk said they would replace it but never did. Had room serviced after first night. They failed to replenish soap. Called front desk and the delivered within 5 minutes.... Room was clean -- All in all only average experience. Place was packed!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans-Elmwood/Clearview Parkway Area, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel and for choosing us. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand that you were disappointed regarding some issues. I very much regret for the inconvenient smell of smoke you had during your stay. I am happy to advise you that we will be converting to all non-smoking rooms in the near future. However, I can very much empathize with your discomfort and sincerely apologize for this. In addition, I am so sorry that you were that your coffee machine was not working properly. I thank you for bringing it up to my attention so that I can follow-up with our Executive Housekeeper.

Again, I truly regret and inconveniences you went through and hope that you give us another chance of staying with us if you are ever around our area.

Jennifer Portera

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We were returning from a cruise that originated in Galveston and decided to spend a couple of days in NOLA. We had done some research prior to leaving home so we knew that hotels were not cheap in the city, or even in the suburbs. We decided to stop at the tourist info rest area just over the state line from TX. There we found a coupon for rooms @ $79 at the Hampton Inn in Harahan. We called, but were quoted a much higher price ($124) and were told that the $79 rate was walk-in only and subject to availability. As it was Saturday evening when we arrived we didn't have high expectations of getting that rate, especially since many hotels in the area claimed to have no rooms at all. However, they honored the coupon and we got a nice room on the top floor. Yes, the hotel is far from new, but everything was ultra-clean, the amenities were nice, and the staff members were all warm and professional. The free breakfast isn't inspired but it's certainly adequate, and there's coffee, tea, and fresh water available 24/7. We were very satisfied with our stay there and highly recommend it for anyone looking for a solid value in an expensive area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Jennifer P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans-Elmwood/Clearview Parkway Area, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you enjoyed your cruise. Your comments will be shared with our staff. We hope to see you again next time you visit New Orleans.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

This Hilton property has seen better days. The halls smelled strongly of cigarette smoke despite it being a nonsmoking floor. Luckily our room didnt smell or we would have checked out. The bed was comfortable and outer as well as inner linens were clean. Nice flat screen tv's. breakfast was the usual cold uninspired hotel breakfast. As for location it is 10 miles from the French quarter and not easily gotten to or from. The area it is in does have some nice shops and restaurants though. Try nacho mamas around the corner for good Mexican food. All in all not bad but I think Hilton needs to renovate this one or turn it over

• Stayed February 2013
Jennifer P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans-Elmwood/Clearview Parkway Area, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I was delighted to read from your review that you found our beds to be comfortable. However, I understand that you found our property to be dated and in need of renovations. Your satisfaction is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. We have plans to renovations plans for this Spring. In addition, I sincerely apologize if you our some parts of our hotel smelled like cigarettes. I am happy to announce that soon we will be converting to a all non-smoking property.

Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you. Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.
texas
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel to be close to a relative who was in a nearby hospital. The hotel is an older property that has been well maintained. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We are Diamond Members and were upgraded to a two room suite. The hotel is in a safe area with ample parking. There are many restaurants and shops nearby. Some restaurants are within walking distance. If visiting this area again, I would definitely stay at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Brookville, Ohio
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while in New Orleans for business.

This is an older Hampton Inn that is showing its age. I didn't get good directions to my room so I did a lot of walking trying to get to my room, when I could have driven around to the parking lot and door right by my room.

The room was clean. Bed was serviceable. Plenty of electrical outlets. Ventilation worked well enough.

Bathroom was clean. Nothing really stood out. The staff really tries. As I said, hotel is older but a good deal for the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans-Elmwood/Clearview Parkway Area, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear that you plan to visit us again when you return to the Harahan area. You'll be glad to hear that we renovations planned for this spring that we are excited about. Thank you for your comments about our staff and housekeeping. Again, we hope to see you again soon.

Kindest regards,

Philadelphia
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Standard Hampton Inn, closed bathroom concept. Was there 4 of 7 weeks. Three stays uneventful, all as expected for Hampton Inns, no issues. Last stay ended up in handicapped room that was exceptionally musty. That said, when I came back every day the room was clean and the bathroom exhaust was running trying to air the room out.. good effort for a bad room. Coffee at at 4:30am, breakfast out around 5-5:30am. Very pleasant staff. NO exercise room - can go to the gym across the street, but its a hassle - had to drive because it was cold this trip, but not bad otherwise. Good restaurant choices close by. Could use renovation but no plans to stay elsewhere

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans-Elmwood/Clearview Parkway Area, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I'm glad you choose our hotel so often when staying in the Harahan area. I apologize for the problem with the smell of your room. We will follow up to resolve the issue so that others do not experience the same problem. We are excited to say that we have plans to renovate in the next few months. So please visit us again on your next visit to Harahan so we can demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

DFW Area
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This trip has really sold us on the Hampton chain. Shannon at the front desk is a gem! We arrived super early, having been on a cruise. Not only did she find us rooms, she found connecting ones, helped us get the cart and offered us breakfast. She gave us very good advice on what to visit in New Orleans AND printed coupons for us. Sarah, the front desk attendant the next day, was also very polite and professional, as was the breakfast staff. Due to a wedding party and the holidays, breakfast was extremely crowded, but they handled the seating issue quickly and with a minimum of fuss. The breakfast bar was also always stocked.

The location of this property is excellent for those who want to be near NOLA attractions but not in the thick of the rowdies. It's easy to get to and has convenient access to highways. The rooms are a bit older and they have the LA smell to them, but it's to be expected.

Many thanks to the staff for an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: The middle hallway is very convenient to all of the elevators and parking lot.