“quiet and pleasant hotel”
Review of Hammond Budget Inn

Hammond Budget Inn
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Hammond
Reviewed September 6, 2006

Staff were very friendly and the hotel itself was very comfortable at this price! I guess they finished renovation and it worked well (I do not know how it looked like before, but judging from the other comment..). I liked it and am willing to stay this hotel again if I have any chance to go to Hammond.

Stayed: September 2006

Slidell, La
Reviewed July 10, 2006

I read the reviews, but decided to judge for myself. I had a pleasant stay. It does seem they are under some type of renovation. The pool was great and the staff was extremely friendly. My room had a pleasant fragrance. If I ever travel back through the area I will gladly stay at this hotel. For the price it was a great deal.

• Stayed: July 2006
Lafayette, LA
Reviewed July 3, 2006

Rooms are still being "renovated" workers wander in and out of room at will without identification. If you room here with a group of young people, be on guard. Signs indicate this place was used as a shelter for evacuees. It reeks of smoke throughout, carpets are pet-stained, our bath tub had a "gravy ring" around it. There was a hole in my bath tub that went clean throgh the floor. Black mold is all over the bathrrom tile and ceiling. There is obvious water damage. It is clear this hotel is being thrown back together as cheaply as possible. The photo online is a room off of the actual lobby that borders a nightclub. The stench of sour carpets and smoke permeate the facility.

In a word...Yuck!

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sulphur, Louisiana
Reviewed June 14, 2006

The entire hotel smells like smoke. You can hear every sound coming from the adjacent rooms. Our room was filthy - garbage was already in the garbage can; used towels were in the bathroom; the floors were dirty. I have never felt compelled to write a hotel review - until now. I wanted to leave, but it was 9:30 at night when we checked in and as I had already scoured the internet for hotel availability I knew we wouldn't have much luck finding a room. I now wish we had stayed in a hotel in a neighboring town.

• Stayed: June 2006
Starkville, Mississippi
Reviewed March 19, 2006

We stayed Friday and Saturday (3/17 &18) nights. There is a bar at one end of the building with live music both nights. We could hear the thumping go on until all hours. Things in our room were rattling from the sound.
Each morning the parking lot and lobby was littered with trash from the bar. Room was rather dingy - but probably because Katrina refugees in residence for several months.
Parking lot full of bar patrons each night and they would stroll down the hallway drunk and loud on their way to the parking lot. Somebody puked in the hallway. Lots of people hanging out in the parking lot each night.
A few displaced Katrina/FEMA people still in residence and they treat the facility like it is a college dormitory - room doors propped open and hollering to one another across the hallways. I do have sympathy for their plight, however normal hotel etiquette is sorely lacking.
On the plus side:
We chose this facility because it is pet-friendly. The hotel staff was very courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Spring, Texas
Reviewed February 25, 2006

First of all I am not the kind of person that complaint, but this Hotel is the worst I've ever seen the rooms are terrible. The service is terrible. I stayed at this Hotel for a week and I begged for clean sheets to be put on my bed... it never happen the "Head Housekeeper" told me that no one was allowed to get clean sheet everyday and that they changed sheets only once a week and that would be on a thursday before they could change the sheets. Now you might be saying to yourself... thats no big deal but consider the the sheets dirty when I checked into the room. Please don't check into this Hotel.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled on business
New Orleans, La.
Reviewed July 29, 2004

We had to wait until after 4:00 p.m. to check in. Our rooms were not ready. The rooms were not cleaned daily. Management was very nasty. Staff told us they are not to change the beds daily but at the end of your stay. The pool was not accessible the first day we were there. The continental breakfast was not available. The refrigerator and microwave was pulled from the room and I was charged an additional fee to get them back. The hallways had an odor that smelled like stale smoke even though there were no smoking signs all over the place. The carpewt was horribly stained and did not look like it had been cleaned since it was installed.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member