“Awfullllllllll......” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Hammond
louisiana
“Awfullllllllll......”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2009

We booked a baby shower here a couple of weeks ago and it was the worst experience EVER. We were only in the building for 5 hours or so and by the time we left the mother to be was almost in tears. They rented us a room, that included tables, chairs, table clothes, ice, and the ice bin. Upong arrival, nothing was set up, the room was empty!! Despite the numerous phone calls to confirm exactly what was included. There were so many calls made because there is a horrible language barrier, the owners barely speak English. Which could have led to some miscommunication, but when the owners were confronted, they were RUDE and unprofessional. They showed no concern, no customer relations, and they never once offered to make things easier. Even when the grandmother asked for the table clothes they told her to go to the laudry mat and get them if she wanted them!! These people should not be running anything dealing with the public. The pool was molded, the conference rooms were dirty, the bathrooms were nasty and didn't have soap or paper towels. The entire hotel smells like smoke, despite that its non smoking. I have never experience such an upleasant transaction with hotel owners or workers. I will NEVER recommend this place.

• Stayed February 2009
    • 1 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2009

I am a Virginia resident who flew down looking for a new home with my boyfriend. We wanted to have a relaxing,quiet evening for two, so we decided to get a hotel room. We drove upon this descent clean looking hotel (from the outside) and decided to pull in. As soon as we walked inside and spoke with the desk clerk I have to say some "red flags" started going off. Despite this, we were exhausted from looking at houses and talking with over-eager realtor's. The clerk was unbelievably sleepy, I'm a nurse and I mean to tell you she looked as if she were on some type of drugs, she was rude and yawned several times in our faces without even attempting to cover her mouth, when we asked about a wake up call she rudely said "there's a clock in your room", she also told us that the room had a refrigerator, and she was mumbling incoherent broken English attempting to explain why she was so sleepy. After all this we were more than ready to get to our room. upon entering the room we had another unpleasant surprise, the room was dirty!! Now, when I say dirty I don't mean slightly dirty, I mean the bed was still unmade from the previous guest and there were cups on the counter...it was nasty. We then make our way back to the front desk, my boyfriend coaching me about my tone the entire way :-) When she came back out she was still yawning and didn't apologize for anything, acting as if we were an inconvenience to her. I was ready to get a refund, but yet again, against my better judgment, we got another room and off we went. When we got to our SECOND room in 30 minutes we were...let's just say... not too happy when the key would not work. My poor boyfriend just asked me to stay put and he went to the front desk this time ALONE. He came back, and instead of just unlocking the door we had a THIRD room!! I was even more angry when this last room was on the 2nd floor so we had to lug our bags up two flights of stairs! Finally, we arrived at the 3rd and final room and when the key worked we rejoiced and walked inside...big mistake!! This room was gross...yes the bed was made, but when we turned the sheets down there were cigarette burnes in the sheets and I even found a hair...YUCK! When we walked into the bathroom the tub also had hair in it and had OBVIOUSLY not been cleaned in a WHILE... the bathroom air vent had towels stuffed in it and the cover was laying on the towel rack, it was an otherwise COMPLETELY bare towel rack with 2 old towels and NOT even a washcloth!! The ice bucket didn't have a bag, the cups weren't wrapped in anything (wonder how long they've been collecting dust), and half the lamps and bathroom lights didn't have bulbs.
Now, being more the wiser, we were looking online at some reviews and I decided to read what other people's experience was like, hoping that ours was an isolated incident. I am not surprised but quite disappointed when I read that other people had a terrible experience just as we did. I must say that all the other reviews are accurate and I agree. I don't think I'm too difficult to please,to be honest this is my 1st review, but I just had to voice my opinion in hopes that this will detour another wandering traveler. PLEASE TAKE MY ADVICE...DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank thatsminsaj

Travelers are raving about these Hammond hotels

louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2008

I stayed 1 night at the hotel--Everyone that works for this establishment is a Foreigner and they do not speak very good English. I wascharged 2 times for a 1 night stay. When I called in reference to the over charge I was told that the Owner was the only one who could process a refund. I called every day for a week and still no response. The Manager stated that he did not know the owners name and did not have a phone number to contact him he said the owners name was Mr. T and does not know the last name. Upon calling the Hammond Permit office I was told the Owner Name was Phoenix Hammond, LLC. This name does not have a place to contact. I had to call my bank to do a dispute on the charges. If you stay make sure you pay with cash!!!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
San Francisco Bay Area
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2008

I had a team of professional Security personnel in Hammond to assist with Hurricane Gustav. Our Detail leader contacted this Hotel and they advised they had multiplr rooms (we needed 15), we later found out why! Upon check in on this same day reservation, our team went to their rooms and found them completely infested with bugs and mold everywhere; our guys are use to extreme conditions, but this was disgusting. Our Detail Leader immediately went to the front desk and advised them of the problem, and was informed that they could check out and there would be no charge (they slept in their vehicles that night).

3 weeks later, I checked my credit card bill and found they had charged me nearly $1000.00! I called the fron desk to speak with them about it and was informed I would need to speak with the Manager; I asked for the Managers name and was told "I cannot give it to you". This is a screwed up place; never stay there!!!!!

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — Absolutely disgusting!!!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2008

This hotel needs to be condemned immediately. It is scary, dirty, moldy, unsafe. I just can't describe how bad this place is. It is the absolute worst place anywhere I can think of, even compared to the ghetto hotels in North Jersey, South Central LA. Nasty roaches everywhere, bed bugs that made me bleed. I wish the health department would arrest the owners of this place for presenting a danger to the public.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2008

I recently stayed at the Rockwood Inn in Hammond, La. We had reserved about 5 rooms for the weekend. Check-in took at least 20 minutes in a non air-conditioned lobby. Naturally, after checking in, I was hot and wanted to try out the swimming pool... but there was no water in it. During our second day at Rockwood, I got a call from the lady who was at the front desk. She repeatedly asked me questions about room 166, which was not our room or anyone else's affiliated with us. The next day, she visited the room asking about the same room. I tried to communicate to her that we had no connection to that room, but she did not understand me. She and the man that run the hotel are of a different nationality and their primary language is not English; so you can see how communication may be difficult. I could barely understand them, and apparently they could not understand me. The next morning, the man from the front desk called our room at 10:50 and told us that check-out time was 11:00 and that we had to check out. We had the rooms reserved for another night. We went down to the lobby and again tried to communicate with them and ask what was going on. We literally got kicked out of the hotel. The lady let herself into my room with no warning while I was changing. Did she leave? No. She stood in the doorway telling me things I couldn't understand and waited for me to finish packing. I have never been treated as rude as I was treated at the Rockwood Inn and Suites. I would never recommend that anyone stay there for any reason. But if you do, please enjoy the 90 degree lobby, the empty swimming pool, getting kicked out of your hotel by surprise, and having 10 minutes to pack half-dressed with someone watching you!

• Liked — Locatin. It was easy to find.
  • Disliked — How rudely I was treated.
  • Stayed July 2008
Bogalusa, LA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2008

Live only an hour away but had a workshop on Fri night and stayed so I wouldn't have to drive back for the Sat workshop. This used to be a Ramada and my sister had her wedding reception there 25 years ago. Had a coupon I printed from RoomSavers and the clerk who could barely speak English did not want to take it. After giving my credit card I didn't get a receipt - she said I would get it when I checked out. She calls me at 12:30 in the morning wanting my credit card number - I still can't believe it. The room was large with a king size bed and a nice TV. The bathroom needed a redo and light bulbs were missing. For $50 not so bad. The next morning the same clerk overcharges me telling me that I gave her no coupon and then she says the coupon was no good. She finally refunded some of my money. Still don't understand why she called at 12:30

• Liked — cheap rate with my coupon
  • Disliked — desk clerk - scary
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business