“Confused Desk Clerk!”

Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Hammond
Bogalusa, LA
“Confused Desk Clerk!”
Reviewed June 8, 2008

Live only an hour away but had a workshop on Fri night and stayed so I wouldn't have to drive back for the Sat workshop. This used to be a Ramada and my sister had her wedding reception there 25 years ago. Had a coupon I printed from RoomSavers and the clerk who could barely speak English did not want to take it. After giving my credit card I didn't get a receipt - she said I would get it when I checked out. She calls me at 12:30 in the morning wanting my credit card number - I still can't believe it. The room was large with a king size bed and a nice TV. The bathroom needed a redo and light bulbs were missing. For $50 not so bad. The next morning the same clerk overcharges me telling me that I gave her no coupon and then she says the coupon was no good. She finally refunded some of my money. Still don't understand why she called at 12:30

• Liked — cheap rate with my coupon
  • Disliked — desk clerk - scary
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Hammond, LA
Reviewed May 29, 2008

I began my employment there shortly after hurricane katrina. The property came under new management and things began to pick up. The staff was fun to work with and they did everything they could to help the old injured building becoma little more guest friendly. our housekeepers worked their fingers to the bones and with the exception of a few ladies, the front desk was never less then excellent. The managers were awesome to work for and Rachelle *the GM* was the best at making sure each and every room and guest was taken proper care of. Durring katrina the hotel took roof damage which was never repaired. When you first enter the lobby the wallpaper on the farthest left wall, if you peel it back, it is infested with black mold which hospitalized me for a week after i got curious and pulled is back and breathed in a few lung fulls. New Orleans Fine hotels got wise and put it up for sale. The hotel sold after 18 months of good ownership to a bunch of towel heads! The hotel is now a disgrace to the face of Hammond! Rockwood Inn & suites is now infested with bed bug and the electricity is not turned on to the second story, even tho they still rent rooms up there. They hand you a single light bulb and tell you to use it carefully. The crown room and the ball room have the move vial smell ever. The side room floods every heavy rain which causes those two carpeted rooms to be saturated with water, which is not shampooed or has been replaced.

• Liked — when i worked there i loved the staff...
  • Disliked — but now i would not wish this hotel on my worst enemy
  • Stayed May 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Hammond hotels

Louisiana
Reviewed August 10, 2007

Me and my husband visited the hotel only for a uniform sale they were having. The outside of the hotel was very trashy. the yard was covered with trash(paper, coke cans, fastfood resturants bags, food lying in the parking lot). When we walked in there was cigarrette butts on the floor, paper everywhere, the dirt was so bad you could actually see it on the floors. The grass in the back by the pool was high, There was trash laying in the fence by the pool area. They had mops laying outside in the grass as well as brooms, and cleaning products bottles. It was very trashy and extremely filthy. I would never go back to it ever again.

• Liked — nothing pleased me at all
  • Disliked — i hated everything about hotel
  • Stayed August 2007
Louisiana
Reviewed July 19, 2007

Myself along with several players from my baseball team and their families stayed here during a 17-19 Year Old Boys Dixie Majors baseball state tournament. We loved it. It was very, very quiet, not crowded and very clean. The staff was very, very friendly and went out of their way to accommodate. There is a bar at the other end of the place and it alone was very nice and not once was it crowded. Now, this place lacks a quality guest laundry BUT it does have one. You have to ask the clerk for the key or for them to unlock the door so you can get into the room where the washer and dryer is. The continental breakfast lacked jam/jelly and butter for the toast and they ran out of milk for the cereal. The rooms did not have microwaves or refrigerators but they were really, really clean and remodeled. I believe that this place used to be a Ramada. They have a nice size pool surrounded by a nice court yard with a couple of grills. Overall, this place is a very good quality place to stay especially for the price. I recommend this place.

Stayed July 2007
New Orleans
Reviewed September 6, 2006

Staff were very friendly and the hotel itself was very comfortable at this price! I guess they finished renovation and it worked well (I do not know how it looked like before, but judging from the other comment..). I liked it and am willing to stay this hotel again if I have any chance to go to Hammond.

Stayed September 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 10, 2006

I read the reviews, but decided to judge for myself. I had a pleasant stay. It does seem they are under some type of renovation. The pool was great and the staff was extremely friendly. My room had a pleasant fragrance. If I ever travel back through the area I will gladly stay at this hotel. For the price it was a great deal.

• Stayed July 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 3, 2006

Rooms are still being "renovated" workers wander in and out of room at will without identification. If you room here with a group of young people, be on guard. Signs indicate this place was used as a shelter for evacuees. It reeks of smoke throughout, carpets are pet-stained, our bath tub had a "gravy ring" around it. There was a hole in my bath tub that went clean throgh the floor. Black mold is all over the bathrrom tile and ceiling. There is obvious water damage. It is clear this hotel is being thrown back together as cheaply as possible. The photo online is a room off of the actual lobby that borders a nightclub. The stench of sour carpets and smoke permeate the facility.

In a word...Yuck!