“Great food but not cheap!”
Review of La Carreta

La Carreta
Ranked #10 of 140 Restaurants in Hammond
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: E. Charles St.
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We eat at LC a few times a month and always enjoy our meals. Sitting outside on a clear day sipping margerhitas is the best! The device is always quick and friendly but their prices normally run a little higher than other local places. The crowd noise inside is extremely loud most times also. Great place to just chill and enjoy some chips and salsa and people watch

1  Thank Tommy M
There are newer reviews for La Carreta

Reviewed January 7, 2014

One thing I did not like about La Carreta was their presentation. Everything was placed on the plate, so that all the flavors are mixed. Their vegetables were overcooked, and every flavor was masked with cheese sauce. They have gotten better, however, the steak needs to be cooked properly, the shrimp should be cleaned better... The chips and salsa are good, I also like the hard taco.

1  Thank JoeyIligan0517
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I loved my food. I ordered the Carne Asada dinner and they gave me a good size portion. I was surprised my dinner didn't come with rice but I ordered it on the side. The music was good too.

1  Thank myralene
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I would like to thank La Carreta for making my 30th birthday one of the best birthdays yet. I wasn't realy in to my birthday this year but my girlfriends said we have to celebrate so, they dragged me to La Carreta. When we arrived they had a surprise party with about 30 people hidden in the back room. The staff made me feel like we were the most important group in the restaurant. The service was impeccable the food was amazing all I can say is that it felt like family and I will recommend La Carreta to everyone.

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Restaurant was a great place with live music. I ordered steak nachos and it was soupy. Chips were soggy and the top was covered in lettuce. Steak had no seasoning. My husband ordered the pork tacos. He said they had a sweet taste almost sugary. He did like the bean soup that came with it. I had a mango margarita and it was very sweet. My husband had the top shelf margarita and he could not taste the alcohol.

Restaurant was a cool place in downtown Hammond with an outdoor seating area. Good band outside and the staff was friendly. Next time I go I would probably just go for the music and drinks.

Been to La Carreta? Share your experiences!