Colonial Inn
$58
Courtyard Hammond(Hammond)
$129
Hotels.com
All reviewsbed was comfortablecontinental breakfastwould stay againwafflesnew orleansmotelsleeppetcerealtvmicrowavebath
Reviewed November 9, 2010

We stayed here for one night in early November. It was late, we were tired and searching for something affordable (cheap). This motel was a pleasant surprise. It was clean. comfortable and actually quite nice. I would recommend in a heartbeat. Nice place and would stay there again. We could not even hear the truckstop next door from our room. If you are traveling through Hammond, don't hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank nwflguy
Reviewed July 1, 2010

This motel was a lay over stop on Our trip from San Antonio, Texas to Columbus, GA.. The Colonial Inn in Hammond, LA was very clean, comfortable, and we had a very nice stay. It is an older motel, the good side is that it has been remodeled. We had a very good nights sleep. The only down side is the location of the motel is in an odd place. Located beside the Pilot Gas Station/Truck Stop , and behind the Shell Station. The only way in and out is the driveway that ALL the Semi-Trucks use.
We did not find it that much of a problem, but you do need to be careful that the trucks see you.
The parking lot is very well lighted. We did not use the "breakfast bar", as it seemed small. But Don't worry there is a WAFFLE House on the other side of the Pilot Truck Stop.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mecrsatx
Reviewed June 12, 2010

Clean room, micro & fridg. Getting in and out of hotel hard due to truck stop.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Ashwednesday666
Reviewed March 17, 2010

This is by far, the best place I stay at in my entire 7 state territory. I have been satying here for years. Andy & Tina are great owners and they take great care of their hotel and the folks who stay there.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank claestateservices
Reviewed March 12, 2010

I wish I could be more positive about the Colonial Inn, but whatever the price, the most important thing in a motel is being able to sleep well. Despite having had only 4 hours of sleep the night before and a nine hour drive that day, the trucking facility across the street made for a very bad night's sleep. Almost every hour the sound of truck hydraulic brakes would be enough to rouse me. At the minimal but adequate breakfast the next morning, a fellow resident told me he also had interrupted sleep all night because of the truck noise. If you have ear plugs or hearing loss, this might not be a problem, but I'm normally a pretty deep sleeper, and I wouldn't stay here again for any price.

The people were nice, though, and the check-in/check-out quite efficient. Good wireless, too.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo