“Clean rooms.”

Colonial Inn
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Hammond
“Clean rooms.”
Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

Clean rooms, ok breakfast, next to busy truck stop right off interstate. Great price for the room but the owners are very unfriendly! I would not stay here again, I would rather pay more to appreciative Americans.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Debbymath
Colonialnn-Hammond, Manager at Colonial Inn, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thanks for taking time to write review about our hotel.I am glad you liked our rooms and our rates
but unfortunately you were not happy with the lady on the desk. I apologize for that,She did not mean to be unfriendly with you when you was checking out,she was busy on the phone when you came to check out. But she should have greeted you the way she suppose to. We do appreciate your business. I hope you accept our apology and give us a second chance to serve you better in future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Vancouver, Washington, United States
Reviewed April 29, 2012

this motel has excellent and secure truck parking the staff is friendly and helpful

Room Tip: great truck parking
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Braxton, MS
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We are a group of motorcycle folks that have varying ages..We have been staying at this hotel for the Ponchatoula Strawberry Festival for 8 years..We have never been disappointed and our stay is a wonderful experience. It is located near lots of restuarants and fast food.
The continental breakfast is great and with the family owing this inn it makes for a very comfortable place to stay..We will always stay at this hotel when we are in the area....Thank you so much for a great place to stay..see ya next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Audrea and Larry White

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Audrea W
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We had great difficulty making reservations on the phone for this hotel. My son who lives in the area called ahead for pricing and availability, then my daughter called from the car with me to make a reservation. She was immediately told she needed to send a fax or email authorizing a credit card transaction over the phone. After finding a Starbucks to access the internet I called and was told they needed a fax or email to authorize the credit card. After more confusion as I provided the card information and began composing the email, the clerk (manager?) suddenly said because it was my room and my card there was no need for an email. He never bothered to ask my son, my daughter, or me who the reservation was for before assuming there was a third-party credit card involved; we assumed it was some silly, local, Louisiana procedure -- something my son has experienced many times. Either way it was annoying and unprofessional and there was no apology or acknowledgment when we checked in. The room was apparently one that hadn't received the touch-ups that others describe. While it looks like the furniture is newer, paint was peeling off in big sections above the shower. Holes in the wall had been patched but not painted. Smudges and dark marks were on the walls. The mattress was okay but there were just two thin pillows. The large truck stop across the parking lot provided a wide array of noises through the night. We were exhausted from a very long drive and slept fairly well; I'm not sure I can say the same if we were more alert. As a budget motel I didn't expect much and didn't get much, but I don't plan to stay here on future trips.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ScottandJanelle
colonialinnhammond, Webmaster at Colonial Inn, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Hello Esteemed Guest,

We thank you for your stay at the Colonial Inn for your recent stay and the review.

We take all your observations – seriously.

In fact it always helps us to improve.

We have checked the credit card related issue and the concerned staff has been trained and instructed to be more professional.

We have individually checked and attended to the look and feel of the rooms, amenities and cleanliness of each room.

We are confident that you will find an even better experience with us next time.

Hotel Manager.
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Good value for the money and we would stay here again. The room was not decorated to our taste and this is an older property, but everything was freshly painted etc. The furniture in the room was recent enough(especially for this price). The bathtub back splash and sink area was done in granite, which was nice. The rest of the room was what we expected for the price. The bed was comfortable and the free Wi-Fi, new mini fridge and microwave were very helpful. The continental breakfast was an assortment of Walmart powdered/chocolate doughnuts, plain and blueberry bagels, cereal(cornflakes I think) and freshly made(on demand) waffles with syrup. The waffles were great, but be aware that you have to eat in the office area as they do not allow you to bring the food back to your room to eat.

Room Tip: The motel faces a truck stop which can be noisy, but we could not hear any of the truck stop noise w...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kdedeaux
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed December 29, 2011

My wife and I spent one night at this motel in December while traveling and were very pleased. We checked several other motels' rates before deciding on the Colonial Inn and it was by far the best value. The room was very clean and provided excellent T.V. and included several extras as well as providing a nice breakfast. The staff was very friendly and worked hard to please us in every respect. It is located just off the interstate. It is an outstanding value!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rlc60786
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Me and my two daughters came though here on short notice on our way back from a funeral. We were very happy with the value we received. The manager was very attentive to our needs. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to others without reservation. I didn't give a high rating for the location but that should in no way be taken as a negative. The location did not AT ALL affect our stay - it's just not in a beautiful spot hence the average (3) location rating.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family