“Good food, accomodating service”
Review of Trey Yuen

Trey Yuen
Ranked #90 of 138 Restaurants in Hammond
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Mandeville, Louisiana
“Good food, accomodating service”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We came with a group of 10 5th graders and parents for lunch during a science fair being held nearby. Food was good, service was good, price was good. They gave us a back room which was nice. Food wasn't over the top or so great that I would pick this restaurant over others in the future. I was expecting better food from what others had described. But it was good.

• Visited January 2014

Hammond, Louisiana
“Great food”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We recently visited Trey Yeun and were delighted with the quality of our food. After reading a couple negative reviews from last year, I can't help but wonder what the problems were. We have been there many times and have never been disappointed. Being a creature of habit, I've always ordered the shrimp in lobster sauce. This time I switched to the mandarin chicken and was amazed at what I've been missing. It was the best I've ever had and the portion so large I could only eat half of my dinner with the remainder making my next day lunch.

• Visited February 2014
New orleans
“Don't let the outside of the building fool you.”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This restaurant has been in Hammond forever but the food is not what it use to be.

The interior of the dining room is old and needs a coat of paint. The service was slow to the point I had to leave the table to find a waiter. We dined on a Thursday night where the lunch menu is the main feature. The egg rolls are filled with cabbage only (like what is served at the all you can eat chinese buffet). They serve on small plates that is half covered with fried rice and the rest is the entree. Three orders of the Double Happiness were brought to our table. The complaint with this dish is the lack of meat and shrimp in it.

We will not be back.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Bernie M
Hammond, Louisiana
“Great Chinese food”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Trey Yuen is our favorite "order from the menu" Chinese restaurant. They have been in Hammond and Mandeville for years and are always busy. Every Monday they serve meals from the lunch menu for dinner at the lunch prices. Guaranteed you won't leave hungry! The helpings are humongous and delicious.

Visited May 2013
Houston, Texas
“Trey Yuen was disappointing with Chewy Chewy Chicken”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Being new to this area, I was curious to Trey Yuen. The size of the restaurant impressed me from the outside. I liked it even more inside with its serene interiors and that they did not have a buffet. I was glad that here was a restaurant willing to break the mold of buffet style Chinese restaurant one finds all over the country. The lunch menu was a simple laminated yellow pamphlet, but I did not let myself be discouraged by that. The waiter encouraged me to get the Choo Choo Chicken. So I got that along with the wonton soup. The soup was good. But the Choo Choo Chicken was fried chicken nuggets topped with a sweet and spicy (more sweet than spicy) sauce and fried rice. Now, if I want to have fried chicken nuggets, I would go to McDonald's and not Tery Yuen. And to make matters worse, the chicken nuggets were chewy. I was seriously disappointed in the food despite going in with high expectations of having authentic Chinese food.

• Visited April 2013