“Reliable Food and Service”

Albasha Greek and Lebanese Cafe
Ranked #12 of 141 Restaurants in Hammond
Reviewed October 22, 2013

A great little chain-restaurant in the outside mall strip in Hammond. The service is always very good and friendly. Fast during lunch hours but more leisurely during other times. The serving are most sufficient and often I have a to-go box when I walk out the door. It's right down the street from where I live so is very convenient for take-away as well as a sit-down dinner. I've never had a bad experience her (touch wood) and would recommend it to anyone looking for a bit of a change from fast food. I'm not sure how authentic their Greek/Lebanese food is, but it's delicious, so I don't really mind.
This review covers extensive visits, at least more than 15 times in the past three years.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We both ordered the lamb shanks for $14.95 a piece. The portions were unusually small and very tasteless. Basically, they just poured a few strips of lamb over rice. The rice was watery and the lamb shanks very flat. The portions were not even enough to fill our 8 year olf grandkid. Avoid this place at all costs- it was expensive and the food was VERY FLAT. Grandma G said we would have been better off 'tossing our money into the sea" !!!! When we got home, we had to eat dinner again, The salad consisted of some lettuce with one miserable, inedible olive on top drowned in feta chese and some white salad dressing. Unbeliveablely, the best part of the meal was the dry pita bread- it had more taste than the lamb. Someone forgot to tell these people that there is something called "spices" that people add to food!!!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Been to both the Hammond & Covington locations. Fresh, tasty food. Love the Combination Chicken Shwarma and Gyros plate. The hummus ,salad, pita & rice that comes with it are all great. The only thing I was disappointed with was the spinach pie appetizer. The filo dough was a little dry & spinach wasnt as flavorful as their other dishes. Lebanese tea was good.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Clean restaurant attentive staff and GREAT food! There are vegetarian dishes for the vegan’s, seafood from the sea, pasta for those who want a creamy sauce, chicken from the coop, lamb & beef from the pasture, sandwiches for those who just need enough, bean soup, sides, desserts, a variety of children’s dishes and house specialties. I ordered the chicken shawarma salad; the lettuce was fresh and cold and was covered with chicken that was tender and browned just enough with feta cheese dressing. Just DELICIOUS it was! My companion ordered the combination chicken shawarma and Gyros plate (served with hummos & rice) which they also thoroughly enjoyed!

2  Thank Kitty K
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Really glad the wife picked here, just amazing!! First time having this cuisine and I am hooked! So fresh, so good, def worth a shot!