“Closed?”
Review of Thad's Seafood - CLOSED

Thad's Seafood
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I hesitate to file a status update claiming that the place is *permanently* closed, but it does in fact seem to be closed. After reading the good reviews we wanted to give it a try, but the phone is disconnected, the website is gone and other review sites show the place as permanently closed.

It's a shame, because I like what I've read about it.

******Note that I did not actually dine here, but I cannot submit this comment without giving a rating and stating when I "visited". I WOULD have dined with family, in January, for dinner. I rated it average because I don't know how else to place it...this "review" is simply a notice that it appears to be closed.******

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

We found the restaurant on Tripadvisor and decided to try it. The restaurant is located right of a small lake. And you can feed the ducks and turtles with the food provided by the restaurant. They hade the best hush puppies we ever tasted and the food was great and the waitress was very friendly. We really enjoyed our food.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stopped her for lunch on our way home from a New Orleans weekend. I wanted just one more meal of fresh seafood before we left the gulf oats! Thad's did not disappoint. This place is probably the cleanest restaurant I've visited in quite some time. The service was superb, not overbearing. Our meal was excellent, Seafood gumbo was thinner than most, but full of shrimp and real crabmeat. The fried green tomatoes with shrimp and remoulade sauce was excellent and fried shrimp and oysters were fresh!

I search on my smartphone for several minutes to find Thad's, not sure why this place isn't reviewed by more people. It was great, highly recommend!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We ended up in Hammond while waiting for a camper repair. This restaurant is absolutely fabulous. Has a great atmosphere located on a small lake. Interior decorating is simple and homey. There is a small separate bar area. We ate here several times and each was special in its own right. Food is good and an excellent value. Menu is varied. The absolutely best HUSH PUPPIES I have ever had. They were served as complimentary the first time we were there. There are strong family connections and efforts here and it shows. Staff as well is over the top! Usually daily specials on food and draught beer! Wish they were in my neighborhood!