“Hands down, the best steak restaurant in Hammond”

Buddies Bar & Grill
Ranked #40 of 134 Restaurants in Hammond
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Livingston, Louisiana
“Hands down, the best steak restaurant in Hammond”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband and I like to treat ourselves every now and then to a nice steak. I had heard great things about Buddies and we decided to give it a try. We normally go to Keith Young's in Covington, or Sno's in Gonzales, but we didn't feel like driving as far. We were VERY impressed with Buddies. Everything that we experienced from the atmosphere to the service to the food was spot on. The pricing was very fair as well. We both ordered steak, I ordered the filet, and he ordered ... I forget... but we both really enjoyed our steaks. We also ordered the crab cakes, which were exceptional. My husband said they were the best crab cakes he's ever had. Sweet, fresh, and not fishy tasting at all. I was so impressed with them, I decided to get the crab meat topping for my steak and was not disappointed. We cannot wait to return. For two steak dinners, an appetizer, and drinks like sweet tea, the bill was well under $100. We did not get dessert, but we will the next time we go. We cannot say enough great things about this place =) It's our new favorite!

• Visited February 2013