“This is a comfortable, quiet place. I recommend this hotel to all travelers!”

Lexington Inn - Hammond
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Hammond
Hammond, Louisiana
“This is a comfortable, quiet place. I recommend this hotel to all travelers!”
Reviewed October 15, 2010

I am a regular guest, this is the only hotel I stay at when I am in town. The staff goes out of there way to make you feel comfortable.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed July 1, 2010

On our way back home to Texas from Florida, we needed a place to stay the night once we were tired from driving. This place is pretty close the highway and because we had such a great experience at Best Western in Pensacola, FL, we decided to stay at another Best Western. We got sent to this Best Western after the one my grandma booked over the phone said that they had our reservation but no room for us?! So we get to this Best Western and the guy checking who was checking us in (who was quite nice) said that there was 2 rooms available but they were both not cleaned. At 10pm they have dirty rooms?!!!? Really? So then they say they could give us a room in the 2nd floor but we had LOTS of luggage and other stuff that's quite heavy. Because we had been on the road for so long, and we're exhausted, we settled for the 2nd floor of this drive up BW and carried all of our stuff up. We get to the room and the door hardly opens. You have to really give a push the get it passed the carpet. By th way, the carpet was FILTHY. It looked like it had lots of build up. The small refrigerator had dirty fingerprints all over the front. The floor in the bathroom was so nasty. It has black drop strains so obviously the floor wasn't mopped. The bottom of th shower looked so dirty. The pillow cases were ridiculously dingy. There was a strand of hair on the bed still. The lock from the inside of the room wouldn't even turn all the way. It was all together a HORRIBLE ROOM. I will say that the people who work there are nice but other than that, I have nothing else positive to say. For the price we payed, we could have definitely stayed somewhere a lot nicer, cleaner, and safer!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank roxyms06
BDM46053, Business Development Manager at Lexington Inn - Hammond, responded to this review, September 13, 2010
First of all, as Business Development Manager, I am glad that the guest found the hotel to be easily accessible to the Interstate, as we are very near the interstate and actually the only hotel off of Interstate 55- on exit 32 (Wardline Road/University Ave.) which is the same exit for Southeastern Louisiana University in Hammond, LA. After further review of the guest’s experience I would sincerely like to apologize as our sister hotel transferred the guest’s reservation due to uncontrollable extended dates of stay for government official guests that were already in house at that time. Per the original reservation, there was not a request for a first floor room, however the guests did request at the time of check-in for a 1st floor room, in which there were only rooms available on the 2nd floor. At Best Western University Inn, we focus greatly on being attentive to all of our guests’ needs especially when they are brought to our attention, in which the guests never reported the issues to the front desk clerk or higher management. As the guest stated, our employees are very nice, and per Best Western University policy, they are specifically trained to handle any issues that are unsatisfactory to the guests, thus we would definitely have done everything within reach to rectify the issue and satisfy the guests. We are appreciative of the business received from our guests & will continue to be attentive to their needs.

Travelers are raving about these Hammond hotels

Palmdale, California
Reviewed April 18, 2010

We read some good reviews on this hotel and it sounded okay. Here is what we found when we got there.

Toilet dirty, bathtub had ring around inside of it, front door had something all over it, TV remote did not work,hair dryer nasty and had someone's hair on it, toilet loose from floor, bathroom floor dirty and sticky, odor in room, broken cookies on the floor beside bed, carpet filty, pillows had yellow stains on them.

Now on to breakfast. Something was in my milk, table wobbly but had dirty napkins under two of it's legs to hold it steady but it did not work. Old biscuits, gravy tasted like it was made with dirty grease. Don't go!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
BWSALESHAMMOND, Director of Sales at Lexington Inn - Hammond, responded to this review, February 14, 2011
I appreciate your taking the time to write and hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.
The issiue syo have expressed regarding your room is definitely not the standards of our hotel, and since your last date of stay in April 2010, these issues have been resolved including a complete renovation of all of our rooms. Our breakfast standards have increased and wish we had been made aware during your stay of these issues. Please be assured that I have forwarded all of your comments to the appropriate department to ensure incidents like this never occur again.
We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western University Inn the next time you are in Hammond, LA. I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one as we illustrate that what happened to you was an unfortunate exception to our normally high quality of service.
Baytown, Texas
Reviewed January 11, 2010

No frills but a nice, clean comfortable room at a great rate.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
We appreciate your kind comments about your stay at Best Western University Inn and your
remarks have been passed on to those staff members .
Louisiana
Reviewed June 27, 2009

On the night of the LSU vs. Texas National Championship game I was unable to watch the game because the tv channel lineup did not include ESPN Sports Channel. The guest booklet in my room clearly stated that ESPN was one of the channels that could be accessed. When I tried to watch the game on streaming video on my laptop I could not get online even though the hotel advertised free wireless internet access. I was able to get online on the second day of my stay but the signal was so weak that I could not use the laptop the way I needed to. Needless to say I was not a happy camper about the tv or internet "service".

There were a few pros with my stay. The front desk clerk was friendly, the room was clean and there are several fast food restaurants literally within walking distance of the hotel. Ones that I remember are Burger King, Sonic, Taco Bell and I believe there was a Popeye's fried chicken very close by. There is also a convienence store/gas station within easy walking distance. I bought soft drinks and snacks there as there was a microwave/refrigerator combo in the hotel room.

I would reccommend this hotel to a friend if they aren't a sports fan or have work to do on their computer.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
lexingtoninnhammondl, Webmaster at Lexington Inn - Hammond, responded to this review, November 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind words about our friendly staff, clean rooms and great location. I’m sorry that there was some confusion about the television channel lineup and that you had issues with the free wifi. We take pride in providing a great guest experience and let you down in some ways. For that, I sincerely apologize. I hope we can serve you better next time.

Hotel Manager
Austin, Texas
Reviewed April 27, 2009

The check-in clerk was extremely rude. The lobby was supposedly closed for remodeling so check-in was in a tiny room through a window that felt like you were checking into a prison. The lobby showed no signs of remodel the next morning when it was open for the continental breakfast. The carpet in the room was very dirty -- don't walk on it with bare feet.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting. I’m sorry you came at a time when we couldn’t serve you in our beautiful lobby. We take pride in providing the best possible guest experience and regret that we let you down in this case. For this and any other lapses you experienced, I sincerely apologize. I hope we can serve you better next time.

Hotel Manager
omaha
Reviewed August 12, 2008

We traveled from Nebraska to Louisiana to visits family, and stayed here for a few days. Not a bad place, clean, and friendly staff, small but nice outdoor pool. Hammond is close to New Orleans, and the Bayou, so is a good choice for those destinations. All in all a nice motel in a nice little town.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)