“Serviceable but sketchy”

Lexington Inn - Hammond
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Hammond
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed for one night at the Best Western University in an “over-sized” king room. I am completely baffled how this hotel ever rated four stars….The most I can muster is three-if one could award half stars, I would really rate this property a 2.5.

Our first room sported an outdated color scheme and an elevated tiled section with a table and chairs. The bathroom appeared dirty; we tried to wipe the floor but the stains did not come up, suggesting they are permanent. There were no bath towels in the bathroom upon arrival. The overall ambiance was dingy and “tired.” The room would not lock, so we asked to move to another room.

I would classify the staff and customer service as “neutral,” not remarkable, but not horrible either. Our new room was a renovated accessible room with a roll-in shower and tub bench. The “renovation” consisted of new paint, fixtures and laminate flooring-all low quality. The hotel brags about the “new” mattresses. I don’t know the birthdate of our mattress, but I can confirm it was hard and the sheets and blankets were thin and scratchy. All towels were thin and worn. The air conditioner was functional at best-we slept poorly due to the heat and humidity throughout the night.

The hotel is in a geographical area close to I-55. There are several chain restaurants and gas stations close by. We selected this hotel over other properties because of the higher Trip Advisor rating. I would NOT recommend this hotel. I didn’t feel comfortable in the geographical area: all rooms are accessed from the exterior of the building and the surrounding area was commercial and run down. In summary, although functional, the room and service were mediocre at best and for the price, we have stayed at nicer, cleaner and more geographically desirable properties in Hammond.

Room Tip: All rooms are accessed from the exterior of the building. Advise avoiding rooms right by the hotel...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
lexingtoninnhammondl, Webmaster at Lexington Inn - Hammond, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for commenting. I regret that we didn’t make a better impression on you. We focus on providing a great guest experience along with an exceptional value, and I apologize that the color scheme and other aspects of the rooms were not to your liking. We take great pride in this hotel as well as our neighborhood and are always working to make the experience nicer. I hope you will try us again and see that we get better with each passing day.

Hotel Manager

There are newer reviews for Lexington Inn - Hammond

Reviewed July 21, 2012

We used this Best Western twice. When checking in the front desk person informed us renovations with new mattresses and TVs were happening on the 2nd floor. As one of the other reviews said they had outdated things - not from our observation. We had two parties - one with 4 and another with 2. The rooms were very modern and clean. We arrived later in the evening on 19 June 2012 and we required a room for my Father who is disabled and we both got 1st floors. His room was right next to his handicapped parking spot - bonus! Rooms were quite large with 2 queen beds, refigerator, microwave oven and another room with another TV. The price was around $80 for the night. We stayed 1 night. The front desk clerk Lindsay Broussard was very nice. We kept the room AC cold and had a great night sleep. The breakfast was another story. There was a good selection but the person running the breakfast Ms. Beverly Franklin was more in the way than helpful. The eggs were powdered and not edible in my opinion. We were selective about our choices of items for breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a discount in person or book it through Kayak, Hotwire or Priceline.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I had a very enjoyable stay. I enjoyed the location, room, staff, and especially the breakfast. I will definitely stay here again the next time I'm in the area

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The check in was fast and the room was clean.
The staff were very helpful and i recommended for people who is looking for affordable price and clean hotel in Hammond Louisiana.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Ideal stop on my long road trip. High quality help. Larger than average rooms with everything I needed in them. Being a westerner, I especially enjoyed the Southern hospitality. Will stay here next time through Louisiana.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I have to admit, I was a bit concerned about staying at this hotel because of some of the reviews I saw on Trip Advisor. We had no choice but to stay because they were the only hotel with availability. When we arrived the check in was quick and the front desk person made it personable. The room was very spacious, and clean. We didn't ask for a wake up call thinking we would be up in ample time. We slept so comfortably we over slept. Breakfast was great with a variety of foods to choose from. The housekeeping staff were so friendly. Overall the hotel, the room, and the staff were great. We will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2012

This Best Western is sort of haphazardly managed by what appears to be a large family grouping. Friendly people but the room had minor issues, none of which were taken seriously by the front desk when mentioned: no mattress pad on the bed beneath sheet, no numbers/letters on the A/C dial so how to operate? a sticky carpet. That said, it appeared to be clean. I stayed there because they would accept pets -- would try to find something else if I have to pass that way again...

Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments about our pet-friendly hotel in Lexington, LA. We take great pride in providing clean, comfortable rooms to guests like you, and I apologize that some small issues detracted so much from your stay. We’ll use your comments to help us in our continuous improvement process, and I hope you’ll try us again when in the area again. We’re always getting better.

Hotel Manager