“Beware - clean but staff lacks training”

Lexington Inn - Hammond
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Hammond
Reviewed July 28, 2011

The room was clean, smelled nice BUT our air conditioner did not keep the room cool. Lickily I travel with a fan...but usually only need it for the white noise. The staff makes (or breaks) a hotel and this staff lacks traing And has absolutely NO customer focus. Not many choices in town...so as lomg as you have low expectations for customer service you willbe OK with a clean bed to sleep in. If you plan to stay multiple nights be sure you tell the cleaning person and leave before noon, otherwise no cleaning will be done, no clean towels, no toilet paper, no trash can emptied.

Room Tip: Reserve a first floor room...no elevator. Bring a fan. Don't expect to sleep late because the...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank waslcajun
adorableme, General Manager at Lexington Inn - Hammond, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2011

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 985-419-2001.

Shekela Coleman

Reviewed July 6, 2011

We were awakened at 12:30 am and again at 5:30 AM by a man banging on the door
saying are you awake in there, when we answered thinking the place was on fire, this
person said I'M Sorry wrong room.
I spoke with the front desk who shrugged his shoulders and said I'm sorry.
Along with a bad nights sleep, the breakfast was awful. The pancake batter was sour and the muffins several days old. I had coffed and left.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank bblakemore

Shekela Coleman

Reviewed June 27, 2011

Staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were neat and clean...just needed a little upgrading on things but overall were good. The continenral breakfast was terrific every morning. Will definitely return.,

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank dorys611
adorableme, Front Office Manager at Lexington Inn - Hammond, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2011

Thank for you comments regarding your stay at Best Western University, Hammond,LA. We value the opionions of all our guests as our focus is to provide exceptional service and knowing that we have accomplished this goal with you just encourages us to thrive to the level of excellence that all of our guest deserve. Thank you again!

Reviewed June 7, 2011

The room was neat and clean, staff was very curteous, the location was perfect within 2 miles of the church in which the Pastor Jones ran revival. Thanks will for sure use the facility when in the area and needing a hotel to stay. Thanks to Mrs. LaShondra Varnado and staff for making Pastor's stay a pleasant expericence.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
BWSALESHAMMOND, Director of Sales at Lexington Inn - Hammond, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2011

Reviewed February 21, 2011

Every single person I encountered there was genuinely happy in giving great service. I will definitely be staying again, and would absolutely recommend it to others.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed October 20, 2010

We checked in the hotel while en route to New Orleans on the evening of September 23. We were in room 109 and all seemed well until we turned in for the evening. Just before we turned the lights off, a very large cockroach crawled on the bed between us and ran under the covers. It entered our bed from the head board area.

My wife is extremely allergic and asthmatic. We decided it would be best to change change hotels instead of running the same risk by changing rooms. The night manager was very understanding and told me our debit card would be credited for the stay.

I checked my account several days later and the credit did not appear. I called the hotel at least six times and could not get an answer concerning when the credit would be issued. Each time the day manager told me she needed to talk to the night manager and general manager before a decision could be made.

Today (10/20/2010) the day manager informed me they would not issue a credit!! I was told they wouldn't issue a credit because we received a $70 rate and the hotel does not issue refunds when this rate is quoted.

Unbelievable!! We were in the room for one hour and they won't refund our money?!?! The last thing we wanted to do was change hotels BUT doing so most likely prevented my wife from having a serious asthma attack.

I do not intend to let this matter pass. I am contacting Best Western Corporate and contacting Hammond's Better Business Bureau.

Stay away from this place folks. You'll be glad you did.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank gibson270
BWSALESHAMMOND, Director of Sales at Lexington Inn - Hammond, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2011

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western University Inn. I appreciate your taking the time to write and hope you will
accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.
Please know that your comments have been reviewed in detail with our exterminating company to not only rectify your situation but also increase the frequency of our onsite services for pest control and steps have been taken to ensure these faults are solved promptly and impeccably for our guests.
We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western University Inn the next time you are in Hammond, LA . I can assure you I will personally do everything I can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one as we illustrate that what happened to you was an unfortunate exception to our normally high quality of service.

Reviewed October 15, 2010

I am a regular guest, this is the only hotel I stay at when I am in town. The staff goes out of there way to make you feel comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business