“Friendly Staff and Hampton Quality”

Hampton Inn Hammond
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Hammond
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Our second stop at this Hampton Inn traveling between Texas and Florida. Our room was typical of a Hampton, breakfast was good, and the staff was friendly and helpful. Wednesday was manager's reception night. Their recommendation for dinner turned out to be an excellent local restaurant. Will stop here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
lrvictory, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Hammond, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Hi There - Thank you so much for your kind words. We're so glad you stayed with us while passing through. If we can ever be of service to you again, please stop by. Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn... Happy Travels.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Okay. I know the argument that a new hotel is a better hotel. And, normally, I would agree. But this is an exception. I'm told that this 80+ unit property is about 10 years old. But, other than for the exterior design, you'd never know it. The interiors are fresh and up to date. But, as anyone who's on the road 100+ nights yearly know, sticks and bricks do not a hotel make. It's the people. And the people here are SUPER!!! Going the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th mile to please. They knew about my heart meds that heat my body at night -- so, before my arrival, they'd installed a 2nd air conditioner in my room! Can you believe that! When in south Louisiana -- don't miss this hotel! BTW: Huge thanks to GM Amy Hoyt and her management/front desk team: Leslie, Brandy and Stephanie.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Kadd, Manager at Hampton Inn Hammond, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you so much for the great review of our hotel and our team. I am so glad that we were able to meet your needs. Please let us know anytime you are in our area and we will be happy to make the same accomodations.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Excellent hotel! Great staff! A+ The room was clean, the staff was helpful, the breakfast is good and free... The kids always enjoy the Hampton! Family friendly! Several restaurants around, so it's easy to please everyone for dinner...

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The staff is super friendly and very helpful. I needed a jump start on my truck and they provided the jumper cables and a vehicle to jump me. Great breakfast every morning. This is by far the best place to stay in Hammond,LA. They had a sold out weekend with several ball teams and the place still was kept clean and service was with a smile. Fitness room is very well equipped and the refrigerator space was beyond my expectations. My only complaint is that they need phones on the desk for us working class guys.

Room Tip: I needed a jump start and they provided cables and a car to get me on the road. That is exceptional...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I did not see construction, nor did I have to wait in any line to check in. Upon check in they gave us 14 towels extra for the 4 of us. Got a comfortable nights sleep and it was easily located right next to Highway 55. A breakfast restaurant was right next door: Cracker Barrel and a Walmart was 2 miles down the main drag. Breakfast was typical but the oatmeal was runny. Price was right, place was quiet, front desk served warm chocolate chip cookies! I rather liked this place. Place was booked with Baltimore fans attending Super Bowl in New Orleans, but they were not partying here...must have went to N.O. Tip #1: gas up here, because there are NO stations between Hammond and the airport exit in Kenner, La near the airport.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is best. Take the stairs and not the elevator
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Clean rooms, good breakfast, and great service. One of the best in Hammond, and I have stays in most. Bed was very comfortable and room was spacious. Free wifi. Highly recommended. Nice value for the money.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This place is an average to lower average Hampton.

Everything was there that you would expect, but room didn't have the most pleasant smell (verified by other travel companions in separate rooms).

In the end, it'll do but some other local option would be nice.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
lrvictory, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Hammond, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. From your review it sounds as if you were not satisfied with your stay. Please accept my apologies for your inconvenience. We take pride in our guests satisfaction and comfort, it sounds like we may have missed the opportunity to WOW you with a fabulous experience. I am currently working with our staff to help eliminate this problem from affecting other guests or happening in the future. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again. Thank you so much for your honest feebback. We appreciate your loyalty and your busines..