“Good stay in Hammond”

Comfort Inn Hammond
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Hammond
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Very nice front desk staff. Quick check in and check out. Great breakfast. Clean, quiet room. Located around several restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve S
Comfort_Inn-Hammond, General Manager at Comfort Inn Hammond, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time & writing a review for our hotel! Your kind words mean a lot to us and help us do what we do best...provide each and every guest with a great value when it comes to lodging in Hammond, Louisiana! Thanks again!

Reviewed May 14, 2012

We drove from Missouri to this Comfort Inn and stayed there the night before we arrived in New Orleans for Jazz Fest. It is conveniently located near and I-55 exit and near a Cracker Barrel and several fast food restaurants. Our room was clean, comfortable, quiet and just down the hallway from the front desk. The complimentary breakfast was outstanding and the staff was friendly and helpful. If I need to stay in Hammond again I'll stay at the Comfort Inn again.

Room Tip: Request a first floor room near the front desk and dining area.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank SeaHawk65804
Comfort_Inn-Hammond, General Manager at Comfort Inn Hammond, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2012

Thank you so much for your honest review of our hotel! We are delighted that you enjoyed our free hot breakfast and our southern hospitality! If you are ever in the area come see us again soon!

Reviewed April 21, 2012

My wife arrived first and checked in. She was unhappy with the fact that the desk clerk announced her room number out loud when handing her the key -- even though the number was plainly written on the key jacket. There were other people in the lobby and she did not consider it a safe practice to announce a room number aloud especially for a woman who was apparently alone.

It was late and the hot tub was in a dark corner of the pool area. It didn't look clean although it might have just been because of the lack of lighting.

We used a TripAdvisor coupon and received an additional discount for our room.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Comfort_Inn-Hammond, General Manager at Comfort Inn Hammond, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel! I certainly agree that the front desk clerk was not following our hotel rules when she accidentally announced your room number in front of other guests while you were checking in! I will remind each and every staff at our property that following rules, no matter how big or small, is of the utmost importance in order to maintain guest safety & security! Thank you so much for informing us about this matter...as with any company, repetition is the key and I will keep reminding the staff of our rules & regulations until they are fully ingrained in their memory bank!

I will also let the head of maintenance know about the dim lighting near the hot-tub after the sun sets. Thank you also for informing us of this matter! Listening to comments such as yours is the only way we can improve our services so that we can provide the best lodging in the industry for our loyal patrons such as yourself! Thanks again!

Reviewed April 19, 2012

I booked this room because it was rated #1 on tripadvisor. However, I was not as pleased as I thought I would be. For the room to be over $110 it was not worth that price. The room was clean and the front desk staff were extremely friendly! However, I could not sleep at all during the night because the bed was so uncomfortable. Every time I moved it felt like a spring was sticking me. It was conveniently located. We were there for the strawberry festival and it was very close to that. The breakfast I could not eat. The eggs were runny and the bacon tasted like rubber. I really hated to put bad remarks because the staff were super friendly. I just couldn't give it higher than a 3 because of the uncomfortable bed. I thought as exhausted as we were we would have no trouble falling asleep but neither myself or husband could sleep. This is the first hotel I have ever stayed in with that uncomfortable of a bed. The pool area and the hot tub looked very clean but we did not use them. There are fast food restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Comfort_Inn-Hammond, General Manager at Comfort Inn Hammond, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time and reviewing our hotel! We appreciate your honest review as it helps us improve our services to make sure that every single guest is a 100% satisfied. I sincerely apologize that the bed was too hard for your preference. Choice Hotels International allows us to choose from only a hand-full of vendors when it comes to our bedding and so we have to follow their rules & purchase the appropriate bedding. During our next renovation I will certainly make a point to Choice Hotels that not everyone is happy with their recommendations of mattress companies. As for the breakfast, the eggs & bacon come "pre-cooked" from our supplier and are simply heated & kept hot at our hotel. I will follow up with our breakfast attendant to ensure that guests are getting exactly the variety of food they want & at the quality they expect. I certainly hope you think of this as an isolated incident and allow us to accommodate you in the future again if your travel plans bring you back to Hammond, Louisiana! Thank you again for reviewing our hotel!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

An overall great little hotel. Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Close to highway restaurants and convenient stores. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank oandy01
Comfort_Inn-Hammond, General Manager at Comfort Inn Hammond, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property! Our staff loves to hear that their friendly service was truly appreciated. Come back and see us anytime you are in the area!

Reviewed February 8, 2012

We were very pleased with the cleanliness of the room and also the hotel staff. My grandchild loved the pool and we slept very well in the beds. I usually carry cleaning supplies with me and didn't see the need to use them. Thanks for a great experience.
I would recommend this place to others.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank beckyboo48
Comfort_Inn-Hammond, General Manager at Comfort Inn Hammond, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel! We are so glad to hear that your trip to Hammond, LA was a pleasant one! Come see us again next time you are in town; the pool will be warm & ready for your grandkids again! Thanks once again!

Reviewed January 17, 2012

I would recommend this place to anyone. The staff and management are excellent and very accomodating. Housekeeping was very helpful and pleasant as I travelled with children which can be challenging at best. But the staff was great. Great pool! Loved our stay.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Dragonflygram
Comfort_Inn-Hammond, Manager at Comfort Inn Hammond, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! We are so delighted that you had an excellent stay with us and enjoyed our indoor heated pool with your children! That pool sure does come in handy during the winter months! Come see us again if you are ever in the area, even if it's just for a cup of coffee or juice!