“Great Experience”

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Hammond
Lake Charles, LA
“Great Experience”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

We were very pleased with the cleanliness of the room and also the hotel staff. My grandchild loved the pool and we slept very well in the beds. I usually carry cleaning supplies with me and didn't see the need to use them. Thanks for a great experience.
I would recommend this place to others.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank beckyboo48
Comfort_Inn-Hammond, General Manager at Comfort Inn Hammond, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel! We are so glad to hear that your trip to Hammond, LA was a pleasant one! Come see us again next time you are in town; the pool will be warm & ready for your grandkids again! Thanks once again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I would recommend this place to anyone. The staff and management are excellent and very accomodating. Housekeeping was very helpful and pleasant as I travelled with children which can be challenging at best. But the staff was great. Great pool! Loved our stay.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Dragonflygram
Comfort_Inn-Hammond, Manager at Comfort Inn Hammond, responded to this review, January 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! We are so delighted that you had an excellent stay with us and enjoyed our indoor heated pool with your children! That pool sure does come in handy during the winter months! Come see us again if you are ever in the area, even if it's just for a cup of coffee or juice!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Let me start off by saying, if you're looking for 4 stars this isn't the place. It's older, lots of cracks in the sink and shower, floor was grossly dirty, and the shower curtain wouldn't stay closed because the rod was broken. That aside, it ended up being a great place to stay. I couldn't have asked for a more friendly, helpful staff. Anything I needed was brought to me immediately and they not only recommended some great restaurants but gave me a print out with easy to follow directions. This is a good hotel to choose if you're looking for an inexpensive place to stay that's convenient to all places in Hammond.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank csegura
Comfort_Inn-Hammond, Manager at Comfort Inn Hammond, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

First and foremost I want to thank you for taking the time out of your schedule & leaving us a review! I have read the review and am concerned about a few things such as the shower curtain, the cracks and the floor. I will have our head of maintenance & the head housekeeper look into these things to make sure they are remedied immediately! If possible, I would love for you to contact me using the "e-mail hotel" link so that I can see which room you occupied and so I can compensate you for any inconveniences. Again, Thank you so much for staying with us and reviewing us! We love hearing from our guests as it helps us serve you better!
Missouri
Reviewed January 1, 2012

We stopped for the night, and were very impressed. Clean comfortable rooms, great front desk, and decent rates. Loved the indoor heated pool. Great location.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jvorhees13
Comfort_Inn-Hammond, General Manager at Comfort Inn Hammond, responded to this review, January 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our property! Your input is appreciated more than you know! I am very glad you enjoyed our indoor heated pool; it is very popular during the winter months! Come see us again soon if your travel plans bring you back to beautiful Hammond, Louisiana!!!
Libby, Montana
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I often have classes to attend in the Hammond area... and this particular hotel has been my preferred choice of places to stay. For the past year, the entire staff has come to treat me with what feels like preferred status... always remembering me when I show up. I have left things behind after checking out a couple of times... and they have been put aside by the staff even before I call.... nice knowing how secure and honest of a place this is.

Plenty of good restaraunts nearby... Wal-Mart and Lowes are minutes away... hotel is located right next to I-55 exit for easy in-out in the mornings when getting off to school.

All in all... great place with a very friendly and helpful staff... I will continue to return time and time again!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words! We love keeping our guests happy and that is our #1 priority! We'll see you again next year!!!
Arkansas
Reviewed September 3, 2011

We stayed at this motel 11 nights straight, while in town on business. We couldn’t have been happier. The room was very nice and clean, breakfast was good and the motel staff was extremely friendly. We really enjoyed the stay here and will defiantly stay here again if we are back in the area. We stayed at Quality Inn the first 2 nights in Hammond, because it was rated better than Comfort Inn on Trip Advisor. I don’t know how it was rated better, but Comfort Inn was a lot nicer for us.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Comfort_Inn-Hammond, General Manager at Comfort Inn Hammond, responded to this review, October 30, 2011
Thank you so much for being a loyal guest! We love it when guests leave us reviews on TripAdvisor to let us know how we are doing. I certainly hope to see you again the next time your travel plans bring you back to beautiful Hammond, Louisiana!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 27, 2011

This was the first stay at this hotel for my wife and I. We were on the last leg of a "landcruise" from Texas to New Hampshire and back. The hotel receptionist and every member of the staff with whom we met, were without exception friendly, welcoming and helpful. The room was excellent and clean, the wifi worked great. The breakfast was wholesome and plentiful, ample seating was provided. When we arrived home, in Texas, we eventually realized that we were missing a wireless laptop mouse. We assumed we had knocked it onto the floor of the room and missed it in packing. About one hour following our discovery of the loss, the hotel staff called to say they had found our device. We provided them a charge card number and they UPS'd the device back to us in Texas. It arrived two days later. We had written the loss off as our own fault and we were pleasently surprised that the hotel staff went that one step further and returned our property to us. This hotel is a credit to the Choice Hotels chain and to themselves as a team.
Thanks we will see you again.

Room Tip: The rooms are reasonable new and clean.