“Great place and even better people!”

Kliebert's Turtle & Alligator Farm
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Hammond
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Awesome place to go. Huge gators. My son got to sit on a good size gator. I held a 5 footer. The staff is awesome! Very personable and friendly. We met T-Mike from the television show Swamp People....he is very friendly. These are real, down to earth people that make you feel like old friends. We will definitely be back.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"gator wrestling"
"ask questions"

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stopped at Kliebert's on our way back from Disney World. It was hot and we were tired, but moments after stepping into the mail building and see all the critters, we were ready to go! the tour was very educational. We were much closer to the turtles and gators than I every thought we would be. Everyone's questions were answered thoroughly and we never felt rushed. At the end of the tour, our 9 year old granddaughter got to wrestle a 3-4 foot alligator! What a way to end a great vacation. Thank you Mike and T-Mike, Your farm is great!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We weren't surprised how good it was after reading the other reviews on TripAdvisor. The tour lived up to our expectations.

The tour guides were highly personable and knowledgeable. They gave us the perfect combination of information/facts with fun and messing around with the alligators.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

This was a great time! I can't stress how much we thoroughly enjoyed it. Seeing the huge alligators up that close was a real treat. I do wish there was more show interaction by the staff with the gators, rather than the tour by the turtles. Turtles are turtles, everyone sees turtles everywhere. Ha! The only negative thing I have to say is that we had to wait quite a while for our tour to start, and it was pretty warm in the building. The staff were all super friendly and informative though. Don't forget to pet the pig!

See more reviews
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Went to this attraction not expecting much,but was pleasantly surprised. Four adults in our party was entertained immediately with the gift shop---we hadn't even started the tour! There is animals all over the place and the staff bring some of them around to touch/hold. I held a bird, alligator and petted a pig and a dog. The tour was educational and entertaining. To be honest with you,I felt like I was at an interactive redneck zoo. Wonderful time!