Holiday Inn Hammond
$58
Hotels.com
Courtyard Hammond(Hammond)
$87
All reviewsrailroad tracksfront deskthe air conditioner worked greatrestaurant stafffew dollarsi highly recommend this hotelamazing hoteltake careconference roomup to datesouthern hospitalitysized bedcheck in was easyflat screenchecking outfast foodroom was spacious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 3, 2011

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express-Hammond, Louisiana, during the weekend of my university's homecoming, October 2010. It was my first time, going back to the university, from which I graduated, in more than 30 years. So, not only had the campus changed but the city of Hammond, has grown, by leaps and bounds. So, I was already excited, just to be there but when I entered the lobby of the "Express", it was so pretty but the room that I had, the King Suite, left little to be desired. It was so pretty and clean and spacious. It came fully equipped, with a refrigerator, microwave, sofa, king-sized bed and two...yes, TWO flat screen TV's...one in front of the bed and the other, in front of the sofa. I loved my stay there and whenever I'm in that area again...as I'm planning to make attending our homecoming, a tradition, I plan to stay at the Holiday Inn Express-Hammond! I hope the owner and service personnel will continue to maintain the facility, as though it's still, "brand new". Oh, and the young people at the front desk...polite and sweet and reflective of the southern hospitality that I know and love. I highly recommend this hotel and again, I can hardly wait until I'm there again!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Gretchen T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hammond, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2012

We can hardly wait to serve you again! Thank you for your warm and sweet comment.

Warmest regards.

Reviewed August 3, 2010

I wanted to stay at the Hampton Inn which is what I looked up on the internet and since this was the first thing my husband came across it's where we ended up staying b/c it was just for the wkend and we were bth very tired after a long work wk. The first nite was fine, we shopped at the mall across the street and ate out and had a nice dinner but the next morning we had NO HOT WATER. R u kidn ME? Then when I forgot my phone in the rm I ran bk up to the rm while my husband brought the truck to the front and upon arriving at my rm our key was expired b/c the clerk the nite b4 had key'd it wrong and then that Saturday night we listened to kids playing upstairs in the hall till midnight and I wanted so bad to call the front desk. Just not any bang for my buck. It was more expensive than I wanted to pay to begin with but from the lobby it looks like a very nice beautiful hotel and the beds are very comfy but our room had sugar all over the floor by the nightstand with the phone on it the night we got there. We should have just left then but all in all we enjoy'd our weekend, Hammon is an old town that my husband used to spend lots of time in and we just stayed busy the entire time. The only down side was our hotel room, other than that Hammond is a great little town. If you happen to make it there, be sure to eat at Kirin's. Awesome FOOD :)

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank amek
Reviewed July 2, 2010

I am a foreign affairs executive for a British company and my colleagues and I flew into New Orleans airport from London; only to find that the hotels in the area were booked for some event that weekend. We were REALLY glad we found this hotel only an hour from the airport and with prices low enough to fit our company budget. The staff upon greeting us were VERY classy and demonstrated that southern hospitality that brings in a smile. I met the Managers, Head Chef, and also many of the employees there were open with a smile. I would have hired every last one of them to work for my company if I could. We only had the time to stay one night and then flew out to Dallas. I would love to stay here again if I am ever in Louisiana again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 28, 2010

Some friends and I decided to stay at this hotel in order to experience New Orleans. We called other nice hotels in New Orleans but they were booked. We heard this was a fairly new hotel so we gave it a try. I must say it was a great decision. It even smelled new. The staff was extra friendly. It was amazing since we are from up north and not many people are friendly. They told us all about the restaurant and what was in the hotel. The food was delicious. Our suite was also very comfortable. I would definitely recommend them

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 12, 2010

Finding ourselves slowed by traffic on the I12 north of New Orleans we exited at Hammond to look for a hotel. We saw the Holiday Inn sign and turned, but wondered where we were going as it seems to be at the back of other buildings off the road. WE heard in the night near a rail line too!

Workmen were scurrying round the car park and we thought it was just being renovated. but we were told it had only opened 4 days ago! The rate was $129.99 which we thought expensive, but as it was new we gave it a try.

We seemed to be the first in our room which was a bit daunting as we were worried about spoiling things. As to be expected of a new hotel, everything was very clean and as not many people were staying it was very quiet.
We ate a good meal in the restaurant (although my husbands salad starter was past it's sell by date). There are personal tv sets at each table along the wall. Both chefs and the server were very friendly and came to talk to us - possibly because they all had nothing to do - although lots of important looking people were milling about.

On checking out next morning the chefs and the reception staff were all asking what we thought of their hotel.

The first time we have ever stayed at a new hotel - definitely an experience.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple