“Nice week stay”

Holiday Inn Hammond
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Hammond
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Stayed here for a week for a vacation trip near family. The location is near shopping and lots of fast food options.This is a new hotel so things look great. The staff is friendly. Rooms are fresh so they are nice. Our A/C was excellent. WIFI worked as expected. Ours rooms were made up everyday as expected. There is a bar /restaurant off the lobby that is fine. The lobby is modern and like many places in the South features a perpetual showing of Fox News on the big screen. Room service is available until 10PM. The only issue we had was a broken hair dryer in the bathroom. It took 2 calls and 24 hours to get it fixed but that did not cause us any problems. This is probably the nicest hotel in Hammond but it also is the most expensive at around $175 a night. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Brandon P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hammond, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Thank You for taking the time to write a review!

I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful experience with my staff. We are also glad to hear that you enjoyed our service and facilities.

We hope to see you again on your next trip through Hammond.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

The front desk staff was pretty friendly, however the over night front desk attendant single handedly made my day. Because house keeping never came by to service the room she offered to bring an entire bed set along with towels. Once she came up she even offered to set the beds but I couldn't allow her do that. The only complaint I have was the location of the swimming pool, it's behind the building noway could I get a good tan back there!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Brandon P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hammond, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Thank You for taking the time to write a review!

My Guest Service Associates take great pride in their work, and I will be sure to let Mandy know that you mentioned how she went above and beyond for you!

Our pool is located on the East end of our building, giving guests ample opportunity to get some great morning sun!

If you'd like to contact me directly regarding your experience, I will make myself available for you.

hiagm@gaphotels.net

Reviewed June 21, 2014

This is the first time I have ever written a review on the internet. I felt this was such a disappointment that I needed to advise future consumers of my experience. I stayed at this hotel on 6/20/14. First off we entered the room and the TV did not work. We called the front desk and about thirty minutes later an employee showed up and disconnected the cable and plug it back in and said if that didn't fix it to call him back (he didn't hang around to see if it would fix it). It didn't fix it so we called him back and he said to enter a code and see if it would fix it. When it didn't fix it again he said he would be back to take care of it. We had to leave for about 5 hours and when we got back it still did not work. Second we had no hot water at the lavatory sink in the bedroom. Third, the walls in the bathroom were filthy particularly around the light switch. Fourth, the window looking out of our room was very dirty. Finally the worst thing of all was walking around the room without socks on and then getting in the shower and after turning the water on seeing the filth from the bottom of my feet coming off in the tub. The carpet must have been filthy. I spent $164 after taxes for this room and expect much better than this for that price point. I have never been this disappointed in any Holiday Inn and generally trust them to provide me with a quality place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank teacherfwb
Brandon P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hammond, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

I do apologize for your experience at our hotel. If you'd like to contact me, I will be more than happy to discuss your stay.

Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here on our way to Florida. They weren't able to give me a AAA or ARP rooms available. Talked me into the room with the breakfast buffet. Because I am a gold club member I was given free drink tickets 2-since they couldn't accommodate my rate preference. Went to eat at the restaurant and redeem out tickets. Was told then the tickets were only good for a draft beer or house wine. Great, I'll have a red and my husband will have a draft. Sorry, we only have white and our draft machine is not working. So I took a white and my husband took a bottle of beer. After a while they got the draft machine working so he was able to redeem his ticket. Our food came, I had instant mashed potatoes and the "grilled" catfish was swimming in a thin sauce. Yuck. My husband had the shrimp quesadillas, which were surprisingly tasty. His dinner came with a brownie sundae- but low and behold the ice cream machine was broken. For compensation. They gave us a free desert. A price if key lime pie. I told the server I couldn't have dairy and he assured me there was no milk in it. Wrong. When the check came we were charged for the wine and the draft that we had tickets for. Never again at this place. The hotel itself seemed fine except for not having any AAA or AARP rooms but stay away from the restaurant.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BeachBatik
Gretchen T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hammond, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Please accept my profound apology for a less than perfect stay. I would really like to speak with you directly as this review has me concerned on so many levels. We do honor both the triple A and AARP discounts, so you can imagine my concern that you were told differently. As for what you encountered in the restaurant, again I am sorry and have no excuse or words sufficient to convey. My eyebrow went up when I read about the ice cream machine being broken as we do not have one, not sure what that was about.

Again, please contact me directly at the hotel. Obviously, I have questions regarding your experience that I want to get to the bottom of.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

This was the first time we stayed at the hotel but it will not be the last. The room was very comfortable. The bed and pillow were great. Everyone was so nice. What a find. Wish they had breakfast included.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Gretchen T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hammond, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for being so kind as well. We are so grateful you found us too. As for breakfast included, we do offer it with certain rate levels now. It is our goal to listen to our guests and honor requests when we can.

We look forward to your next stay with us and if I can be of service to you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Wife and I stayed here going to and coming back from visiting family. Elegant lobby and restaurant. The room was large with a fridge and a microwave. The staff was very professional and nice. We ate breakfast there thinking it would be overpriced. The prices were comparable to Cracker Barrell and IHop and the portions were large. A nice surprise! But- we stayed on the side of the property that was near a train. Even with the ac set on high all night we heard the train early evening and in the middle of the night. This was the only problem and did not stop us from staying there twice.

Room Tip: A train passes close enough to hear early evening and around 3:0am. You might ask for a room on the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel and restaurant. We really appreciate you making the effort and the kind words. It is our goal to provide each and every guest an exceptional experience and we sincerely hope that was the case with your stay.

If we can ever be of service to you again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

This hotel is a common stop during my travels. The people who run this hotel are all great people and work hard to take care of you. The food in the restaurant is very good. I make it a point to eat there at least once during my stay. One recommendation is to request a room opposite of the train tracks if you a light sleeper.

Room Tip: Rooms on the opposite end of the building from the train tracks
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Gretchen T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hammond, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and to say such positive things. We really appreciate your thoughtfulness. It is our goal to provide exceptional service as well as product and we are glad we did not fall short of that goal during your stay.

If I can ever be of assistance to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

With warm regards,