“Traveling through”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Hammond
Atlanta, Georgia
“Traveling through”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stopped in for the night while traveling home from Texas. This holiday inn was by far the nicest that we've had the pleasure of visiting. We always stay at holiday inns or holiday in express. Very pleased. Restaurant was awesome, front desk wonderful. Rooms clean, up to date.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Gretchen T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hammond, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you so very much for that kind review. Our guests' mean the world to us and we do our best to reflect that in our performance, attitude, and service. It says volumes about a person's character when they take the time to complete a positive review when they could simply just be satisfied that their needs and comfort were met. We appreciate it when all of our guests take that extra step so much so that to just say,"Thank you" hardly seems enough.

We hope to see you again real soon!

Warmest regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Pocola, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stopped here on our way home from Florida, hotel is very nice and clean.
They don't have a free breakfast but do have a nice looking restaurant available.
Platinum priority member so we stay at a lot of HI and this is a good one with great southern hospitality.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tiffani243
Thank You very much for your kind review. We strive to exceed our guest's expectations at every opportunity, so when someone takes the time to write such a nice review...we really appreaciate it.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Gretchen, you should at least offer a continental breakfast if you aren't going to include breakfast with the room. 11 bucks for breakfast is ridiculous, your not in Paris. Snooty staff who don't realize they have work because of people like me. Will skip this town next time I come through.

• Stayed June 2013
Gretchen T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hammond, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We had at one time thought about including the full hot breakfast buffet to the room rate across the board, but were advised against it. We do have some rates that are sold online that include breakfast...just not all.

We put a full hot breakfast and a continental breakfast out for that price, as well as having a substantial menu in which to make a selection from.

As for the "snooty employee", I apologize and that behavior is never tolerated. If you would like to contact me directly, I would be more than happy to get further details and address that situation.

Warm regards,
Gretchen
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Reasonably priced, clean, quiet rooms and great location. A really nice property. You're a half mile from I12 (East/West) and 2 miles from I55 (North/South). Huge mall across the street and 8 minutes from SLU and the restaurant/entertainment area of Hammond. This is the place to stay. This is the only place I'd stay. The other hotels in town and lower end budget hotels and nowhere near as nice.I'd put this on the same level as the newest version or recently upgraded Courtyard.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Gretchen T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hammond, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you so much for that kind review. It is humbling as well as gratifying as a hotelier to receive such warm and detailed praise. Our team strives to provide exceptional service as well as product and we are glad to have achieved our goals during your stay.

Our location is prime and we are glad you not only recognized that fact, but went so far as to detail it by locations in the area for other travelors. That was an extremely helpful and considerate thing to do.

If I can ever be of assistance to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Gretchen M. Twickler
College Park, Georgia
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The check in was fast and the staff member was very friendly. He tried to find an additional discount for my stay and was more than helpful. The room was spacious. I heard some upstairs noises as other guests walked above me, but it wasn't enough to keep me awake. Great value for the quality. The restaurant downstairs was also nice; super service from staff (hostess seemed a little timid, though). I look forward to being a regular when I'm in Hammond.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Gretchen T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hammond, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review of our Hotel. We strive to provide exceptional service as well as product. We are glad when our guests' stay reflects those efforts enough for them to put it in writing.

We look forward to serving your lodging needs again in the future. If I can ever be of service to you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Gretchen
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Mike was great when we checked in last night, offered coupons. Nice, clean modern. Only thing I noticel was quite a bit of trash on the grounds outside. Good prices on food and livations at the bar but a free breakfast would have been nice. I will recomend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Gretchen T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hammond, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for the very kind review! It is our goal to provide exceptional service as well as product and (with the exception of the exterior trash issue) we are glad we met our goal with you.

We share your concern on curb appeal....and are addressing that very issue with our new maintenance staff.

Gretchen Twickler
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This a newer Holiday Inn, It isn't too much different than the other newer Holiday Inn Properties that have been built recently, which isn't a bad thing at all. The rooms are clean and spacious, comfortable beds. Right near interstate and restaurants.

Pros:
Clean and Maintained
Rooms are Spacious and Modern (new tvs, etc)
Big Bathroom
Nice Staff

Negative:
As stupid as this sounds, the beds need bigger pillows. The mini pillows were awkward.
You have to pay for breakfast, which is an average breakfast buffet.
Not a huge thing, but I was not recognized as a Priority Member and did not receive any perks that I have received at other hotels. Friends that were not Priority Members recieved free breakfast and free drinks.

It was a great stay and if I am in the area, will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Gretchen T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hammond, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind review. I will definitely pass your comments onto Housekeeping regarding the pillows. We are going with larger pillows in the near future.

I am sorry that the clerks did not recognize your priority club status. That is a HUGE error that we will make sure to address.

Gretchen Twickler