“Not Bad”

WoodSpring Suites Hammond
Reviewed January 20, 2013

For the price I was not expecting much, actually a little apprehensive. The property is fairly new, the rooms are clean, the beds are decent, the internet is really fast. I gather the asst mgr lives onsite. He appears to keep a tight control over loud or otherwise distracting people. The majority of people appear to be construction workers which is good because they go to sleep early.

Don't expect much in the way of room amenities. There's a full fridge, a micro and a cooktop. There's no cookware, plates, utensils or coffe pot. You can get all that at an additional charge but it's cheaper to bring your own. It's pretty basic but if you read their website they don't pretend to offer much.

The one thing that suprised me, and I'm sure it's in the fine print, is they charge a $100 deposit that gets refunded 5-7 days after you check out. Not sure how fair that is.

There's plenty of good dining places within a mile or two. A big advantage is it's not too far from New Orleans, maybe 30-45 min drive down Interstate 55, and a lot cheaper than anything around New Orleans.

Room Tip: 1st and 2nd floors are non smoking, 3rd and 4th are smoking. After reading a review about thin floo...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TOM S
There are newer reviews for WoodSpring Suites Hammond

Reviewed September 6, 2012

If you have ever stayed at one of these, then there is nothing new here. Its minimalistic, but has the essentials. Usually between $189 and $249 a week, it is a good place to base when working in an area for extended time periods. Just remember, EVERYTHING costs extra. Bring your own cooking/eating utensils, extra towels, toilet paper, soap, coffee maker, etc. etc. It is bare bones. Avoid the ones in high traffic/crime areas, the clientele will send you running. This particular location is relatively new, so it hasn't been trashed yet. The area is decent, and the staff friendly and courteous. On site 24 hr laundry, and reasonable amount of parking. Oh, and bring your own pillows and blankets, I have no idea where they get theirs, but I think they give away better ones at the Salvation Army! It is what it is, and what it is, is a reasonable place to stay for a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Go as high as you can, heavy footed upstairs occupants up all night!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank vantine8665
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I tried TWICE to stay at this hotel. The first time I made a reservation through the national website, got a confirmation, then got a call from te hotel the next day that they wouldn't have a room until two days later. No big del because I had time to make other arrangements. This latest event was way worse. I made my reservation on the phone at THIS location. Got an email with confirmation number and details of my stay including 3pm check in time. I arrived at 4:15 only to be told "we've been trying to all people. We don't have any rooms because not as mant people checked out as expected". WOW!! I have never had this happen once and now I happens TWICE at the same hotel. I won't make this mistake a third time I assure you and I wouldn't recommend this establishment to anyone, ever!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Was at the ValuePlace for over five weeks ! If your looking for more than a week check it out. Nice location and close to everything ! Brandy the Mngr. was wiling in anyway to help. Will be back !

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Billy N
Heather L, Manager at WoodSpring Suites Hammond, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

We are so excited to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us at Value Place! We wish you well in your future travels and hope you'll come back and stay with us again!