“Nice Romantic Ambiance”
Review of Jacmel Inn

Jacmel Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Jacmel Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 143 Restaurants in Hammond
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: U. S. Highway 190
Transit: Currently Hammond, Louisiana does not have a public transit system.
Description: Jacmel Inn is a full-service restaurant in Downtown Hammond. And, like everything else in Louisiana - a delightful blend of cultures. Serving a sophisticated range of cuisine with influences from Creole, Italian, Caribbean and Southern cooking styles, Jacmel Inn is best known for daily specials of fresh fish and hand-cut steaks. Consistently earning honors in the Zagut Survey, Jacmel Inn is in the setting of a charming century-old home with eclectic and artistic touches. With eight fireplaces for winter dining and an outdoor patio for dining al fresco, Jacmel Inn exudes ambiance, regionally inspired cuisine and friendly service. Experience Louisiana dining at its finest!
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Antique house in Hammond. White tablecloth service. Great tasting Louisiana cooking. Reservations required.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

All Jacmel Inn needs to do is demand excellence from their staff. Over the past year it does not seem the service is up to what you expect for the price you pay. I desire great service and do not mind paying for the experience. Management is not holding the saff to the standards they had at one time. The food quaility seems to have suffered also. Bring back the old Jacmel Inn where you expected a great dinning experience and expected to pay for it.

1  Thank Jim G
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The atmosphere is always great. We love the bar area and look forward to enjoying the patio when the weather warms up. I've heard it's pet friendly on the patio but i'll confirm before I bring our 160 lb great dane for lunch. Just recently had dinner. The scallops and risotto were amazing. My husband had a steak - it was mediocre at best. Our waitress was goofy - no personality and didn't really know or explain the menu. No great detial on specials, etc. Not the level of service you expect from a $200 meal for two people. We will be back - but my husband has decided no more steaks

Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

We went there for a quiet dinner. We both ordered the steak medium. After we waited an hour for the food, the steak came out and was very well done. It was so tough it was hard to eat it. We informed the waitress who told us that the chef had a difficult time getting steaks cooked correctly. She did offer to have two more cooked but since it took an hour to get the first ones we declined.
The hostess stopped by to check on our meal and we told her about the steaks. She too informed us that the chef had a hard time getting steak orders done correctly. The question I have is if they have a chef who can't cook steaks, why don't they train him or get another chef? If they know it is a pattern with him and steaks, I would have been happier if they told us when we ordered them.
The fact that we had two different people tell us about the chef and the issue with him cooking steaks does not speak well for the staff. I have never had anyone tell me their chef didn't know how to cook.
The only thing I can say about our experience is that the salad and green beans were very good. We were not charged for the steaks which was good because we only took 2 bites of them. I would proceed with caution when going there for a steak.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Overall, this is a great place to eat. We occasionally have a less than perfect experience, but keep coming back. The food is usually very good, and service is generally good, too. Sunday brunch is very nice here.