“Great place and Value”

and 1 more site!
Magnuson Grand Hotel Hammond
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Hammond
Reviewed December 24, 2009

I recently had to go to Hammond for a business meeting and was told to make my reservations here. While I usually only stay at Holiday Inn properties, I decided to give it a try. I had looked on there website and the hotel looked very nice for an older hotel. When I got there I was greeted by a young lady named Alyssa who was very polite and was very helpful getting me checked in. What first caught my eye when I arrived was the beautiful open lobby area, it reminded me of old style New Orleans French Quarter. My room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. I woke up the next morning and went to the restaurant for breakfast. It was more than just an ordinary continental breakfast. They had eggs,biscuits & gravy, grits and all the other usual things you would find on a continental breakfast. I was quite pleased and left there full. The breakfast lady was very pleasant and chatted a few minutes with me and made sure I was taken care of. A young lady named Tamara was at the front desk when I checked out and asked how I enjoyed my stay and what could they have done to improve it. I travel quite a bit and am usually only at a place one night but if i'm ever back in the area I will be sure to stay here. The staff was very courteous and the price was just right right. I highly recommend this place if you're traveling in the area and are looking for Quality and great service for the price.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank SthnTravlr

Reviewed March 16, 2009

Recently, I was privledged to stay in the Quality Inn in Hammond, Louisiana and was thrilled with the place. The staff, Glenda, Cindy, Calvin, Stephanie and Amanda were very professional. The cleanliness of the Hotel and the grounds was most impressing. The mananagment was very helpful in every way possible. I loved my stay there. Thank you, RLR

LHR

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ritchruss
Reviewed November 21, 2008

The lobby and the pool area were grand. We stayed in one of the interior rooms (well worth the extra money). The staff could not have been more helpful.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2008

On a cross-country move, we stayed here for one night because it was the only hotel within a lengthy radius that would accept our 3 cats (not sure why there is such a lack of pet-friendly hotels in Mississippi and Louisiana). If not for the cats, we would never have stayed upon arrival.

Don't allow the hotel lobby to deceive you - the rooms are worse than terrible. Our room smelled (similar to an outhouse) and the carpet was stained - I was concerned that our cats had to walk on it for fear they would pick something up. The bathroom was old and no one even dared use the shower. We felt uncomfortable sleeping in the beds because the entire room felt just plain creepy and nasty.

There were some seemingly unsavory people hanging out in the parking lot during the night, just loitering. That concerned us considering we had to leave our Penske moving truck outside all night long with all our household belongings in it.

As we were leaving in the morning (after a sleepless, uncomfortable night) we noticed someone had set up their office in the room next door, complete with an 'open for business' sign stuck in the room window!!

This hotel definately seems more of a local hangout/dive or long-term-stay hotel not AT ALL meant for families. It was ridiculously overpriced for what we received not to mention the pet fee was exhorbitant - and we have previously stayed in 3 other Choice Hotels that all had the same pet fee of $10 who did NOT charge us additional for having 3 cats in one room. This hotel charged $50 - extraordinary considering what shape the room was already in as a result of humans and considering our cats tiptoed around the room as if it was filthy to them too!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Butterfly_n1
Reviewed May 15, 2008

This place was something way back when Disco was in! They were refinishing the furniture and it was in the middle of the room. The friendly worker who came in and put the furniture back was later staring at me through the window for several minutes according to my husband. He went to the front desk and they called the police. At least they did something about it. The pool was over crowded and noisy. Carpet was dirty and bedding didn't seem clean. It's too bad because there arent' really any good places to stay around Hammond and if they just did a better job updating and keeping it really clean, they could corner the market in the area.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank savystunr
Reviewed April 3, 2008

My family and I always try to check out a facility before staying. We didn't see many reviews about this property that impressed us, but when we arrived it was very different from what we read. The staff was overly friendly and the meals were delicious. The room we stayed in was very clean and beautifully decorated. The lobby was absolutely gorgous. I definitely recommend this property for a lovely getaway.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 15, 2008

I don't know where to begin. The last time we had business in Hammond we stayed at the Landmark and it was an absolutely miserable experience. When our company booked us there again, we weren't sure if we wanted to have the same experience. What a shock to find out how much this place has improved. The staff was very friendly and willing to help with any questions, etc. The rooms looked as though they had gone through a major clean up. The restaurant food was good and the lobby was beautiful. I am glad we decided to give the Landmark another chance. We now have a place to go on our business trips that we can be comfortable at once again. Good Job, Landmark.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business