“A Pleasure” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Hammond
Longview, Texas
“A Pleasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

What an unexpected surprise. One walks into a grand lobby from the 60's - elegant and clean. The rooms have been remodeled, but there are a few pieces of older furniture. The beds are very comfortable and the room/bathroom clean. All items in the room functioned perfectly. The breakfast was very good.

Room Tip: Ask for an interior room with an microwave and refrigerator.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ladyjaneBayStLouis, General Manager at Magnuson Grand Hotel Hammond, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to drop a note with your comments concerning your visit to our hotel here in Hammond. We were happy to learn that you were comfortable and enjoyed your visit. We do strive to make sure all of our guests are comfortable during their visits and I was happy to hear that we were able to meet our goal of Great Guest Service.

We thank you for your business and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Respectfully,

QUALITY INN AND CONFERENCE CENTER.

General manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

My group stayed here for a 3 day series of meetings and the hotel was exceptional. The staff was very friendly and courteous and the lobby was very inviting and pretty. The guest rooms can definitely use some updating but were very clean. Great hot breakfast bar but adding bacon on the bar would be a big plus. Overall the hotel was very nice and clean and my group's stay was comfortable and very productive. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a great comfortable nights rest or any group looking for a good reasonable meeting destination.

Room Tip: The rooms opening to the lobby area are to best.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking time to send a review of your stay. We do appreciate your comments and were delighted to learn that we did meet our goal of Excellent Guest Service.

Our meeting facilities are very inviting and I am happy to know that we were able to accommodate your group's needs. Your business is every important to us and we certainly look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Thank you again.

respectfully,

Cary, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our way to North Carolina. The good, We arrived at 11pm and they had rooms available at an average price. The lobby is huge and inviting with a bar in the middle. The breakfast was hot and tasty and the staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. The bad, the rooms looked like a vintage Holiday Inn. The ceiling had numerous patched holes in it. The bathroom was dated and needed a good cleaning. The tub looked like it had been there since the hotel was built and was stained horribly. The verdict. With a good cleaning, some minor updating and maintenance this would be a perfect destination for travellers.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ladyjaneBayStLouis, General Manager at Magnuson Grand Hotel Hammond, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments concerning our hotel and staff iIwill pass your kind words to my staff. We do strive to provide Excellent Guest Service to all of our guests.. Our budget this year calls for some upgrades to our bathroom areas and this is scheduled to begin in the next couple of weeks.

Again, thank you for your comments we look forward to the opportunity to be of service to you again in the near future.

Glenda S. Hunter, CHA

Travelers are raving about these Hammond hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

I just left and Im ready to come back to Quality Inn..My stay was Awesome..I would recommend Quality Inn to everyone..the staff were very nice..they were very helpful..the bed was very comfortable..the room was very clean..the water was hot..the refrigerator was clean and keep our food cole..the TV was workn in good condition..the heater was working very well.we were able to warm food in the microwave that was very clean..the towels were clean and we had enough so we didnt have to call for extras..We truly rested well..

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your comments concerning your visit to our hotel. I was delighted to learn that you and your family were very comfortable with us. I will also share your kind words with my staff. Our #1 Priority is Guest Service with a smile and I am happy to hear that we did in fact reach our goal. My Staff always strive to keep a smile on their face . They also work diligently to make sure all of our guests are comfortable and their needs are met.

We do appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Just had a wonderful stay at the Quality Inn in Hammond with my family. I wish all hotels had employees like this one!! When we entered through the lobby it was so beautiful! Front desk was nice and professional and really made us feel welcome. Also, told us a little about the town and what to do while we were there.Very unusual. Our room was spacious and very clean. Believe me, my grandson has allergies really bad, so if we would have had any problems management woud have known about it. We enjoyed the indoor pool, it was cold outside, so this was a treat. The restaurant had really great food and the hotel was just a perfect place for me and my family. We will definitly stay there again. And, we got to meet the General Manager while we were there. We were having lunch and she came up and ask us how our stay was going. That was nice!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
It was a delight to read your kind comments about our hotel. I was very pleased that you and your family were most comfortable at our Quality Inn here in Hammond.

I will share your kind words with my Staff. It is very gratifying to know that we achieved our goal of Great Guest Service, with a smile.

We do appreciate your business and l;ook forward to the opportunity to be of service to you again int he near future.

Warm regards.

Little Rock, Arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I would just like to say that I only stayed at this hotel because it was the closest available hotel to New Orleans for the Super Bowl. During my stay they did not clean the room, but housekeeping did come in the room because the wash cloths were changed and no other towels were changed out. Upon returning to the room late that evening we tried calling the front desk to get some towels there was noone to answer the phone, it just rang. This was attempted three times, finally I tried calling the corporate number and they called the mobile number they had for the night shift and they told me no one was answered. I was told to call during the week to file a complaint. I find this unacceptable for a "hotel" that should be charging $60 to $70 at most who conveniently gouged the price up to $120 a night while the Super Bowl was in town. When I returned home I filed a complaint with the corporate number and they told me that the local franchise would have 72 hours to address my complain and if not I should call back. A few weeks later and no call, so I called back the 800 number and they told me that the note was that they gave me some points to resolve the matter, but the points don't mean anything to me, because I will not be staying at another Quality Inn again. I suggest you find a Priority Club Hotel, because they know how to treat customers. They have always gone out of their way to correct anything that I have had a problem with. Also, upon checking out there were several other customers that were complaining and when I explained my problem to the lady working the front desk she just acted like there was no way it could have happened.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

My College Softball just stayed 4 nights in the Interior Rooms. Simply fantastic for the money. They even washed our Uniforms. Service, Food, Hotel, Location and Conference Center was more than I can imagine.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ladyjaneBayStLouis, General Manager at Magnuson Grand Hotel Hammond, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for your great comments - Our Staff works very hard to achieve our # 1 priority of Excellent Guest Service - We were delighted to be of service to you and your team members and look forward to the opportunity to be of service to you again in the future.

Warm regards.