“It was very comfortable..”

and 1 more site!
Magnuson Grand Hotel Hammond
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Hammond
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I just left and Im ready to come back to Quality Inn..My stay was Awesome..I would recommend Quality Inn to everyone..the staff were very nice..they were very helpful..the bed was very comfortable..the room was very clean..the water was hot..the refrigerator was clean and keep our food cole..the TV was workn in good condition..the heater was working very well.we were able to warm food in the microwave that was very clean..the towels were clean and we had enough so we didnt have to call for extras..We truly rested well..

• Stayed: March 2013
ladyjaneBayStLouis, General Manager at Magnuson Grand Hotel Hammond, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you very much for your comments concerning your visit to our hotel. I was delighted to learn that you and your family were very comfortable with us. I will also share your kind words with my staff. Our #1 Priority is Guest Service with a smile and I am happy to hear that we did in fact reach our goal. My Staff always strive to keep a smile on their face . They also work diligently to make sure all of our guests are comfortable and their needs are met.

We do appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again in the near future.

QUALITY INN AND CONFERENCE CENTER

Glenda S. Hunter, CHA

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Just had a wonderful stay at the Quality Inn in Hammond with my family. I wish all hotels had employees like this one!! When we entered through the lobby it was so beautiful! Front desk was nice and professional and really made us feel welcome. Also, told us a little about the town and what to do while we were there.Very unusual. Our room was spacious and very clean. Believe me, my grandson has allergies really bad, so if we would have had any problems management woud have known about it. We enjoyed the indoor pool, it was cold outside, so this was a treat. The restaurant had really great food and the hotel was just a perfect place for me and my family. We will definitly stay there again. And, we got to meet the General Manager while we were there. We were having lunch and she came up and ask us how our stay was going. That was nice!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

It was a delight to read your kind comments about our hotel. I was very pleased that you and your family were most comfortable at our Quality Inn here in Hammond.

I will share your kind words with my Staff. It is very gratifying to know that we achieved our goal of Great Guest Service, with a smile.

We do appreciate your business and l;ook forward to the opportunity to be of service to you again int he near future.

Warm regards.

QUALITY INN AND CONFERENCE CENTER

Glenda S. Hunter, CHA

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I would just like to say that I only stayed at this hotel because it was the closest available hotel to New Orleans for the Super Bowl. During my stay they did not clean the room, but housekeeping did come in the room because the wash cloths were changed and no other towels were changed out. Upon returning to the room late that evening we tried calling the front desk to get some towels there was noone to answer the phone, it just rang. This was attempted three times, finally I tried calling the corporate number and they called the mobile number they had for the night shift and they told me no one was answered. I was told to call during the week to file a complaint. I find this unacceptable for a "hotel" that should be charging $60 to $70 at most who conveniently gouged the price up to $120 a night while the Super Bowl was in town. When I returned home I filed a complaint with the corporate number and they told me that the local franchise would have 72 hours to address my complain and if not I should call back. A few weeks later and no call, so I called back the 800 number and they told me that the note was that they gave me some points to resolve the matter, but the points don't mean anything to me, because I will not be staying at another Quality Inn again. I suggest you find a Priority Club Hotel, because they know how to treat customers. They have always gone out of their way to correct anything that I have had a problem with. Also, upon checking out there were several other customers that were complaining and when I explained my problem to the lady working the front desk she just acted like there was no way it could have happened.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My College Softball just stayed 4 nights in the Interior Rooms. Simply fantastic for the money. They even washed our Uniforms. Service, Food, Hotel, Location and Conference Center was more than I can imagine.

• Stayed: February 2013
ladyjaneBayStLouis, General Manager at Magnuson Grand Hotel Hammond, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you for your great comments - Our Staff works very hard to achieve our # 1 priority of Excellent Guest Service - We were delighted to be of service to you and your team members and look forward to the opportunity to be of service to you again in the future.

Warm regards.
Glenda S Hunter, CHA
General Manager,

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were originally given a room that had no blankets on the bed, just sheets. Unfortunately, we didn't realize this until we had completely unloaded the car. When my husband went to get a blanket we were told they were out and we would have to switch rooms. Of course the only available room was on the other side of the hotel. While the new room did have a blanket, it lacked a working tv remote and 2 pillows. By then we were so exhausted we didn't care (we had driven about 1,000 miles that day). Once we laid down we realized we should have called it quits with the first room. The bed had hills and valleys, and I am sure that rocks were used as cushions on some parts. The ac was all or nothing, so we alternated between freezing and sweating. We finally gave up about 5 am and packed the car up. We stopped at the continental breakfast to give the place one last chance. If you like cold eggs and limp bacon this breakfast is for you. Unfortunately, we do not. We were sooo glad to see this hotel fade away in our rear view mirror.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
ladyjaneBayStLouis, Owner at Magnuson Grand Hotel Hammond, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

We were very disappointed to learn of the difficulties you experienced during your visit to our hotel - I can assure you that the comments mentioned in your review will be discussed with our Management Team and appropriate action will be taken. Please accept our apology.
We sincerely hope that we will again have the opportunity to be of service to you in the future. I can assure you , you will have a comfortable visit.

Glenda S Hunterk CHA

Reviewed January 20, 2013

The foyer/front desk area is the best part of this hotel. It goes down drastically from there. I checked in about 3 pm. Had a difficult time getting key to work. Eventually it opened and I just tossed my stuff in room. When you close the door you must slam the door. It won't close any other way. Didn't have time to check room out. When I got back to the room at 10 pm I pulled back the comforter and to my horror discovered filthy sheets. I don't know if someone slept in the bed with muddy boots or someone had bowel issues. Regardless these sheets had not been changed since the last patron was there. Upon further inspection there were about 10-15 dead fleas on the bed sheets. I picked up my bags and went to front desk. He was apologetic and said he would bring new sheets to my room. I asked for a new room but he said that was not possible. The room next to mine was available so I'm not sure why I couldn't just move one room over. About 15 mins later front desk clerk showed up with my new sheets. He handed them to me and just left. I changed my sheets then began to wonder if the towels were clean or not. The walls are paper thin so you can hear EVERY noise from your neighbors room. Apparently my door was not the only one that you have to slam to get closed, as I was frequently reminded for most of the night. I woke up the next morning exhausted. I will not stay at this motel again. The rooms are very old and the general filth is just too much.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel