Tripadvisor
Marsden Park

“Overpriced horrible food! DO NOT GO!!”

The Marsden Brewhouse
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Such a shame. The place is nicely laid out. The food is terrible! I’ve been twice now but never again after both times the food was horrible and expensive. I paid $29 for the dish below in the picture which was the Portuguese style chicken which was basically one leg which was burned. Please see the horrible food in my picture.

Funnily enough as we walked out we overheard a couple other tables complaining about their food as we walked out!

Note: the dish came on a bed of sweat potato fries which I asked to swap out to normal fries but they wouldn’t allow me (how ridiculous) so I just swapped it with my partners fries.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (102)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Sprawling place. Excellent atmosphere and nice cuisine. The play area for the children is an advantage which is well designed. We visited there for dinner and returned pretty satisfied.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went here for my Grandsons 6th Birthday. A couple of my Grandsons Uncles had tattoos. The Duty Manager called the Riot squad police. When the police arrived they came to the area where we were eating our dinner, asking the tattooed males for ID. This caused all the children to get upset wondering why the police were here. We had to comfort them and lie to the kids to try and settle them. This caused a great amount of humiliation to all the party group, as all the other patrons stopped and stared to see what was going on. the police left as no one was doing anything wrong.
There were jugs of soft drink on all the tables as it was a children,s party. The tattooed males were also drinking soft drink. It was very upsetting to see innocent people be treated like this when your half way through eating your meal. It was also interesting that the police arrived well after we had spent all the money on drink and food so the Pub got their money and we all left with a really bad taste in our mouth. That party of over 20 people will not be returning.

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank webbymate
Reviewed January 14, 2020

Met friends on New Years Eve for dinner. We order a vegetarian meal to share. When it came out it looked like pre frozen fried food that you'd buy in a supermarket and reheat and tasted like this too. Nothing resembled the description on the menu. My friends ordered a pizza and after 3/4 hour waiting for the buzzer to go I went and asked where it was and it'd been sitting for collection for so long it'd gone cold. When I told them the buzzer didn't work the waiter told me the kitchen was now closed and they wouldn't remake or reheat the cold pizza. We ordered drinks at the bar around 11pm and were told we couldn't order unless we played the poker machines. Place wasn't closing until about 1pm and when my friend went to put $5 in the machine so we could buy a drink he was told he'd have to put more in than that before they'd serve a drink.
Will never step foot in this place again. No wonder no-one was there for New Year, absolutely disgusting service.

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank Frances W
Reviewed January 7, 2020

The menu was really enticing and the food was great. The service needs to improve. Twice we had to go back to the bistro because our meals didn't come with the sauces but this isn't the end of the world. It did seem though that many people were taking their meals back with errors. Check before you walk away- but the food was good! Hopefully will improve cause it wasn't that busy either.