“Save the parking fee, stay here”

Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Tower
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Gretna
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chandler, Arizona
“Save the parking fee, stay here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

Just across the river from here, hotels will charge you $30 just to park. You won't have any extra fees here, and the rooms are fine. I've stayed here 8 times on business trips and never had a problem. If you're extremely sensitive to traffic noise, you might want to go elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Russell M
HolidayInnWestbank, General Manager at Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Tower, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Hi Russell,

I love to see a great review from a very valued frequent guest.

It's great that you pointed out the savings of our rooms vs. some of the downtown offerings due to the the parking savings of our property. We do offer free parking for all of our guests which could save you some real money, especially if you are planning a multi-night cruise.

We look forward to welcoming you back for stay #9 and beyond! We value your business and thanks again for your review!

Dustin Floyd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

After reading the reviews before our stay-- I was prepared for some possible issues.
I reserved 3 rooms in May 2014 online for my daughter's college graduation. Somehow the price I was quoted online did not transfer to my invoice with the hotel. I spoke with Teresa at the front desk and she advised I simply provide a copy of the email, which I pulled up on my phone. Ralph immediately took care of the adjustments even though 2 of the rooms were already checked out.

The rooms were nice and spacious and we had no issues. This was a very comfortable stay and I would most definitely return to this hotel.

If you have the breakfast vouchers, they are to be used in the hotel restaurant. We were a little confused on this--we thought there was a separate section for breakfast.

Our only issue was the construction that was going on in the area-- this made it difficult to enter the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Shantelle_Lloyd
Greetings to Shantelle our friend from Houston,

Congratulations to your daughter for her recent graduation! We are proud we got to take part in the celebration and thank you for choosing us as your lodging provider for this very happy event.

We really appreciate not only your business but your very nice review. Sorry your room rate was not correct upon your arrival but I am extremely happy that Ralph and Teresa were able to get the issue resolved.

Thanks for pointing out our large, comfortable rooms. Future guests will appreciate you pointing out these facts.

Sorry about the construction going on in the area. The neighboring construction project has completed pile driving so future guests should not experience such issues.

We appreciate your business and the time spent reviewing our property. We value your feedback and will use it to improve.

The Woodlands, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel is clean and efficient. The staff is amazing in accommodating the guests. The location is very convient to downtown New Orleans and the local interstate highways. I have stayed in this hotel on many occasions. The Round House Bar and Grill's food has always been tasty with good variety. As off this month, May 2014, the menu offerings have been cut to almost no selection. Additionally, it's a bar and grill; the finger foods that one might expect in a sports oriented bar have been taken from the appitizer menu, i.e. mozzarella sticks. There are many places to eat that are very close to the hotel. My recommendation would be to stay at a very well run Holiday Inn and find another place to eat if your stay is more than one day.

Room Tip: The rooms that face away from the Westbank expressway are quieter traffice-wise. The hotel has neve...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank huzurlu
HolidayInnWestbank, General Manager at Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Tower, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Hi Huzurlu,

Thanks for your business and your honest review!

I appreciate you mentioning our hotel is clean, staff amazing, location convenient, and tasty food in the Roundhouse. I appreciate you pointing out all of the things you are happy with even though you had some feedback on an area you'd like to see improved.

In regards to the menu change in the Roundhouse - I've have noted your feedback and I understand we have improvements to make. Nothing is more important or valuable than the feedback of our valued guests who pay good money to stay with us. I can tell the changes we made to the menu has frustrated you and for that I apologize. I will offer no excuses only the explanation that the cost of some of the deleted menu items had increased so dramatically since our last menu revision that the choice was made to eliminate select poor selling items in order to keep costs as low as possible. That has not been the best decision and several of our treasured regular guests have mentioned they didn't like the change. Due to this we have modified our daily specials in order that they change everyday and we have brought back several menu items including the Chicken Fajita Wrap, Roast Beef Po-boy, and mozzarella sticks you mentioned in the form of a changing daily special. Our plan is to continue to monitor sales and add back the most popular items as well as some new additions in our upcoming menu revision this summer. Sorry for the amount of detail in my reply but it's important that you understand I take your feedback very seriously and will improve our offerings based upon your review.

You are correct, there are not only many restaurant offerings in the area but many lodging providers and we consider it an honor when guests choose us. Its not an honor we take lightly and it's our goal that all guests leave us happy with plans of future bookings at our property. Again, we thank you for your business and do hope you'll keep us in mind for future travels to the New Orleans area.

Yours in hospitality,

Clinton, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Had a five day trip planned in New Orleans. My husband was sick when we arrived, and got worse as the vacation progressed. The staff was wonderful. They were beyond courteous and friendly. They even printed out directions to the urgent care facility. The room was great, the bed very comfortable. Highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ellen W
Hi Ellen,

First, I do hope your husband has made a full and speedy recovery. There's never a good time to be under the weather but especially not during a vacation. I'm glad to know our staff responded with compassion and helped you locate an area urgent care facility.

I thank you for your business and review. Your mentioning of our comfortable beds and great guestrooms will help future travelers in making lodging choices in the area.

Your business means everything to us and I'm glad you could see it in the service we provided. Please do keep us in mind for future bookings and do let us know if we may be of further assistance.

NOLA, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

The west bank doesn't have a great number of hotels but the top floor city view room of this hotel is one of the best in the area. The roundhouse restaurant has decent food and it has always been a pleasurable experience at check in/out .

Room Tip: Get a top floor city view room
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jason C
Jason,

Thanks for your business and very kind review. We appreciate your vote as "Best on the Westbank!"

I appreciate you highlighting our unmatched views of the city and our on-site restaurant the Roundhouse.

It's loyalty from customers such as yourself that makes us a success, so again I'd like to mention how much I appreciate you and your business. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best,

Humble, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

The staff were great, that's a huge plus! The food at the connecting restaurant was good also. The building itself needs some work. There were water stains on the wall and the bathroom wall was chipped. The ac units are a little too noisy for me.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pamela B
HolidayInnWestbank, General Manager at Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Tower, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Good Day Pamela,

Thanks for your business, review, and comments about our staff and food in The Round House.

I'll work with engineering to ensure all A/C units are evaluated this week to determine if any are in need of replacement. I'll also go over with them your issue regarding the chipping in your bathroom. If you have a moment to drop me a line at dfloyd@hiwestbank.com and share your room number I can ensure that we quickly address the issue and make certain no future guests experience the same issue.

We know there are lots of lodging options in the New Orleans metro area and thank you for choosing to stay with us. Our wonderful guests are the reason we do what we do and we truly appreciate the opportunity to serve. Please do keep us in mind for future trips to the area.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Right across the river from NOLA. Clean large rooms. On the freeway so a bit noisy, but still slept fine. Lots of kids running around the lobby? Staff was nice and helpful. Restaurant smelled, but other options down the freeway.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Tammy G
Hi Tammy,

Another superb review from a senior reviewer brings a huge smile to my face! I sincerely thank you for your business and your great review.

I especially appreciate you pointing our location which is convenient to downtown, cleanliness, and value. I am happy to know you also found our staff to be nice and helpful.

I apologize for the noise / kids running around the lobby. There was a large youth ball tournament in we had our fair share of little guests who I'm sure were overly excited that school is out and summertime fun has begun. I'll work with our security team to ensure there is no impact to other guests in the future.

Your business and review means the world to us and I appreciate you taking time out of your schedule to share with the community your thoughts about our property and your stay.

Please do keep us in mind for future bookings in New Orleans!

All the best,

Dustin Floyd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gretna
Central Business District
Garden District
Prytania Park
Prytania Park
#85 of 161 in New Orleans

Been to Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Tower? Share your experiences!