“Stay during MEPS was quiet and clean.”

Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Tower
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Gretna
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I had a one night stay mid-week for a medical review nearby at the military base. The hotel was organized and clean, the rooms were immaculate and linens high quality. Not centrally located to anything you'd visit as a tourist, but a good hotel nonetheless.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank OursIsTheFury84
HolidayInnWestbank, General Manager at Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Tower, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2012

Thanks so much for your great review of our property. We take great pride in our cleanliness and organization so the fact you highlighted these items in your review is a huge compliment. We love serving as the MEPS station and doing our part to provide excellent service to our men and women in uniform. Again, thanks very much for your review and more importantly thanks for your service to our country!

All the best,

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Tower

Reviewed January 17, 2012

The Tower Hotel is very nice, clean and modern. The rooms are oddly shaped as the tower is round. The elevator comes up the core of the tower with rooms circled around it. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The restaurant was great with buffet for breakfast and you have to try the teriyaki chicken wings! We were on the 6th floor facing NOLA and had a great view of the city of NOLA and the big bridge. We could also see our cruise ship waiting at the port. The hotel manager sent us an email after our stay double-checking that everything was to our satisfaction. I'm only impressed by that because before staying I had contacted him several times in our planning process and he was always friendly and went above and beyond was expected. They also offer park and cruise, where you can leave your car in their lot for the duration of you cruise at no additional charge... you will need to get a cab to get from the hotel to the port, which cost $20 going and $12 coming for us. I don't know why the difference in charge.

Room Tip: ask for room fascing NOLA, away from the intersate that runs in front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank JimboInTheHouse
HolidayInnWestbank, General Manager at Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Tower, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2012

Thanks for such a great review of our unique hotel. It's true, the round shape of the building does result in rooms larger than your typical hotel. It's always such a delight to watch as a child enters our building for the first time. The novelty of the round structure doesn't wear off quickly. Heck, I pause almost daily to take in the views afforded by our height, unique round design, and close proximity to downtown.

It was such a pleasure to have the opportunity to serve you during your recent cruise outing. We do believe in good communication so thanks for noticing and recognizing our efforts. Our guest interactions are the most important (and most fun) activities we take part in each day.

We know our guests have many lodging choices and choosing our hotel over our competitors is a huge compliment and we consider it our responsibility to ensure a trouble-free stay.
Thanks also for datailing the costs of transportation to the cruise terminal. Our Park-Stay & Cruise package is fast becoming our most popular package since we are close to the port and do offer free parking.

Again, thanks for your review and for your business. I do hope that when your travel plans again brings you to our fair city that you will think of us.

At your service,

Reviewed October 26, 2011

My friend and I went to NOLA for a three day vacation and found a great deal at this Holiday Inn and we were not dissappointed. When we arrived, the front desk staff were friendly and welcoming. I did inquire about getting a room on a higher floor and the desk clerk said she could arrange it, but we'd probably have a better time on the 4th due to the noise of the freeway.

Ammenities: We were pleasantly surprised. The room had everything we could want/need. Two large beds with 4 pillows each, an iron and board, a boudouir, a mini fridge (which was nice and clean!), adjustable a/c/heat, large drawers, a couch, a desk, lamps a-plenty, alarm clock, ice bucket, large tv with basic cable, and your standard toiletries and plenty of towels. The beds were fantastic; not too hard, not too soft. We both truly slept like babies.

View: We were on the fourth floor and our room faced the freeway. We had a gorgeous view at night facing the city. Plus it let us clearly see the traffic levels so that we could better plan our trip.

Outside the room: There was a very nice pool on the first floor with room key card access only. It was super clean and the lounge chairs were in excellent condition. We hung outside lounging a while and the noise level was very low despite being next to the freeway. They did have a restuarant/bar downstairs which looked nice, though we did not do anything but walk through. They also had one computer/printer available adjacent to the front desk, but it seemed to be always occupied by the large conference group that was there. Also, as you enter the hotel, they do offer large luggage carts which you can ferry your own items up to your room. I think if you need assistance, someone at the desk could help you, but we just used the cart ourselves.

Issues: When we arrived in our room, our sink would not drain. We called the front desk and they sent someone up who fixed the issue within 10 minutes which was awesome. When we finally got a chance to use the downstairs computer, the printer was out of paper, but the desk attendant, handed us extra sheets within seconds. Also on our floor, the ice machine was not working. I tried it on two seperate days and still no ice. We did NOT call to have this issue addressed because it wasn't that big of a deal to us but it would have been nice if it worked. Lastly the bathroom configuration was a bit tight and weird. You could not turn on the light in just the bathroom part. The light for that turned on the light for the vanity/sink which is open to the room and the bathroom which is closed off by a door so if you are an early riser, that is unfortunate b/c you will most likely awake whomever shares the room with you. Also the bathroom itself was TIGHT. You open the door and barely miss hitting the toilet. I had to become a contortionist to maneuver out of the shower, to the floor, and around the toilet, to exit. If you are a bigger person, or one with any sort of disability, you will have issues trying to use that bathroom.

Staff: The staff seemed very pleasant and helpful. We did witness one of the clerks on a stressful call at the front desk, but he handled it with grace and was very accomodating, and then when he got off the phone, he was still very pleasant to those at the desk.

Heads Up: (though nothing to do with the hotel), if you do stay here, be prepared to pay the toll bridge every time you want to get into the heart of the city. It is one dollar (as of Oct 2011), one way. Coming back to the hotel on the adjacent bridge is free. The hotel is about 15 to 20 minutes outside of the French Quarter so just be prepared. Also traffic was a beast Friday PM, so plan on leaving the hotel earlier before 2 or 3pm or later after 7pm to avoid delays.

Overall, we had a great stay at this hotel and would definitely not only come back, but would recommend it to friends. I think largely because it is not in the French Quarter, you get more for your buck and the noise level is a lot lower (I did stay in the Quarter on my last trip). There may be a little noise from the freeway, but the hotel does offer ear plugs in the room :o)

Room Tip: Choose a room on a lower floor for less noise, five or less.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank BNeo
Reviewed October 15, 2011

I wanted to celebrate turning 40 in New Orleans and we were glad I choose this hotel to stay in. We stayed for 5 days and each day our rooms were nicely cleaned. Every empoylee was just so friendly and helpful. Having a bar and restaurant onsite was a great advantage. Getting up every morning to a HOT homecook breakfast was just one of the great perks that they had to offer. My family and I had an awesome time even after we left Bourbon Street! We already planning the next trip and there is no other place we will be staying!

• Stayed: September 2011
3  Thank Ovajoy
HolidayInnWestbank, General Manager at Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Tower, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2011

First, happy belated birthday! I am so happy that you chose us as your home away from home while celebrating such a milestone birthday.

What a compliment to us that not only would you choose us as your birthday hotel of choice, but that you would stay with us for 5 nights. We truly love all of our guests but those who stay wish us for more than a night or two become family. I am pleased that you "felt the love" and that you found all of our employees so friendly and helpful.

Our restaurant, The Roundhouse, is really a great place to start your day with a hot breakfast or finish your evening with a nightcap. Like you, I do love our home-cooked breakfast, but where we really shine is our lunch and dinner options. When you return I highly recommend our hot ham and swiss poboy - simply a masterpiece.

New Orleans is simply a magical city but Bourbon is only the beginning and the fun doesn't have to stop there. I'm so glad we had a small role in your special occasion. Do come back and see us soon. Please ask for me when you do so I can personally welcome you back and thank you for an AWESOME review!

Your in hospitality,

Reviewed October 12, 2011

It's close to New Orleans (NOLA) but not at the center of it, hence away from all the craziness. It's not too bad a drive to downtown NOLA but you will have to pay for the toll bridge every you drive into downtown. The room was standard, spacey but no microwave or fridge. The pool seemed nice and I liked the gym. Staffs were friendly. There is a restaurant which is good for weather day. There are plenty of good places to eat around too.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Larry H

Good Day Larry,

Thanks so much for your positive review. I'm glad you enjoyed our location and brought up some of the benefits of staying with us, right over the bridge.

I'm sorry that you couldn't locate your refrigerator, as we have one in each guest room. It is sometimes camouflaged as it sits hidden in our armoire. We'll make certain our agents notify future guests of this along with the availability of microwaves.

I also appreciate your review of our swimming pool and fitness areas. These are surely popular amenities and we work hard to ensure they are always well maintained and guest ready. It's too bad that the most time I spend in the gym is the multiple inspections that I make daily haha.

I will share your feedback with our staff and commend them all on a job well done. I may be partial, but I believe we have the friendliest staff around. Our people truly are the secret to our success.

Please let me know when next you stay with us as I'd love to have a chance to personally thank you for your review.

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed October 3, 2011

We made an impromptu trip to New Orleans so we could visit with a sick friend that was coming home from the hospital.
They hotel was very clean inside and the persons at the front desk were wonderful and very friendly.
My only complaint would be that our room was very noisy from the highway outside of our window.
It took a little while to fall asleep due to this, but the beds were comfy and the rooms were clean so I can't complain.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not too close to the highway.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank artkayak
HolidayInnWestbank, General Manager at Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Tower, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2011

Thanks so much for staying with us during your recent trip to visit your sick friend. We do hope your friend is feeling better!

I'd like to personally thank you for your nice compliments regarding our front desk staff and cleanliness of our facilities. These are certainly 2 areas where we work very hard to ensure our guests get our very best. I will certainly pass your comments along to the responsible departments and recognize their efforts.

I do apologize that you had a bit of trouble with the noise levels in your room. Select guest rooms do, at times, present a challenge due to our close proximity to greater metropolitan New Orleans. This is not the case in the majority of our rooms and generally we are able to satisfy "quite" floor requests for our more sound sleepers. During your next visit please inquire about this and if you need any personal assistance my cell phone number is provided in each guest room directory. As I said, our guests deserve the very best and I aim to ensure that happens.

Again, thanks for your review and please do come back!

At your service,

Reviewed July 29, 2011

This was our first trip to New Orleans, after months of planning and many emails, for a wedding. The hotel was one of those on the bridal list. Imagine my surprise when I realised my reservation was due to expire on the date of the wedding. The receptionist (rather dour) was very unhelpful to us tired travellers after our long journey and unable to promise that we would be able to stay for the duration booked. I felt like turning around and going to another hotel, discouraged only by the lateness of the hour and the fact I would inconvenience my friends who were dropping me. I agreed to stay the night and fix the hotel's error in the morning. Thankfully, a new dawn, a new day brought a fresh face at the desk with a smile - Sherlonda - was so helpful every day (Anonymous above who never wore a badge continued to be dour throughout our stay!!). Sherlonda knew customer service and had the error fixed in a flash.

Our room was clean. The air-con was very cool and we rushed to adjust it each time we returned to the room. The bar was also very cool (temperature). The staff there were helpful and pleasant.

It was very helpful to have a PC and printer in the foyer for check-in on-line and printing of boarding pass for the next stage of my trip.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from highway side, on upper floors.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
HolidayInnWestbank, General Manager at Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Tower, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2011

Thanks for your review. What a treat it is for us to welcome a first time visitor to our city! New Orleans is the perfect city for a wedding and we are honored to be able to provide lodging for these very special events.

It troubles me that you found ANY member of our staff, much less Guest Services personnel, anything but friendly and accommodating. From your insightful feedback I am reevaluating our Front Office guest service training and will personally administer a refresher to ensure each staff member offers the same award winning customer service that you experienced with Sherlonda. I am also going to recognize Sherlonda's efforts at our upcoming rally.

Thanks also for providing feedback regarding the comfortable temperature of your sleeping room and our public space. This time of year it's very important that our guests can "beat the heat" whether it be in a room with icy-cool A/C, taking a dip in our pool, or by enjoying a refreshing cocktail in the Roundhouse Bar & Grill.

We hope you have the occasion to return to New Orleans and we'd consider it an honor to again have you as our guest.

All the best,

Dustin Floyd

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gretna
Central Business District
Garden District
Prytania Park
Prytania Park
#105 of 165 in New Orleans

Been to Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Tower? Share your experiences!